Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

new media tools

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
jbnew media tools
by on Sep 20, 2004 at 5:04:08 am

FYI
Avid has announced a collaboartion with Matushita which provides support for Panasonic P2 content in upcoming versions of the Avid and Unity which will allow users to read and edit directly from the P2 card as native storage, assembling, trimming, editing and adding effects to the material without having to first transfer the files into the editing systems or a storage device.

In addition, P2 media can be combined on the same timeline along with other media formats supported by Avid systems. This follows on from a similar announcement in 2004 with Sony and XDCam

Giles and Amir, I hope 844/x will at least match this early in 2005

john
velocite.net

Return to posts index

Jöran MaaswinkelRe: new media tools
by on Sep 20, 2004 at 7:49:16 am

John,
I spoke with one of the guys of the development team about this and they are aware of this implementation so I'm confident that this will be picked up.

Best,

Jöran

Senior Editor at John Bake Postproductions
Personal Homepage
Media 100 844/X

Return to posts index

Philip LuckeyRe: new media tools
by on Sep 20, 2004 at 8:51:22 pm

Given that we've just invested in a Sony XDcam deck (PDW-1500) & camera (530), I also hope to see more integration with "media that's more than a tape deck". XDcam is recorded on a Professional Disc cartridge (stores 23 GB, rewritable DVD-like form factor inside a plastic cartridge, using blue-violet laser), with full random-access like a hard drive (in fact, the deck has -- in addition to SDI & Firewire -- a gigbit ethernet port to hook up to a LAN or WAN).

The big plus is that files/media/footage is recorded on the Professional Disc using the MXF format/wrapper... which Optibase seems to be familiar with (on its other product line).

Meanwhile, the XDcam pretends to be a Beta deck when hooked up to our 844/x or Media 100i (RS-422 control, definable pre-roll, etc.). But interplay/transcoding with MXF and/or the IMX codex would be a neat plus.

---
Philip Luckey
Atomic Films
<http://www.atomicfilms.com>

Return to posts index

Jöran MaaswinkelRe: new media tools
by on Sep 20, 2004 at 9:02:46 pm

As said earlier, send Media 100 your comments, they are very pleased with "new" ideas. I could be wrong but as far as I know only Sony's XPRI could use the full use if the XDCAM and XML stuff.

So if we send our needs of XDCAM to the guys at Media 100 they will set it higher on the list.

Best,

Jöran

Senior Editor at John Bake Postproductions
Personal Homepage
Media 100 844/X

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]