Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

DV clips in Cinewave TL

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
RonDV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 12, 2003 at 4:20:45 pm

Anyone else having problems playing DV clips in Cinewave timelines?
My canvas plays back fine, but my NTSC monitor stutters. No drop frame messages or stops.
G5/Cinewave maybe? A missed setting? FW drives? Otherwise, my G5 setup has been 95% flawless.

G5, Cine4.0.2, FCP4.0.2, Qt6.3, etc...

Thanks
Ron

Return to posts index

Drew SouthRe: DV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 12, 2003 at 7:58:34 pm

I just upgraded to FCP4 and Cinewave4 and have the same problem. I thought I would be able to put DV footage in a YUV timeline without having to render with Cinewave 4. Am I wrong? I have a G4 dual 1.25 2 gig ram.

Return to posts index

RonRe: DV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 12, 2003 at 9:17:48 pm

With your G4 1.25Ghz and my G5 2Ghz...we should be more than able to playback DV footage without any problems. I checked everything and can't find any answers. All settings are correct. So it has to be the card or Cinewave software.

I had to force render the project to get smooth playback. My media originated from firewire drives, I'm guessing that might be an issue, but I can't test that theory right now while I'm under the "FedEx" gun.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ron

Return to posts index

Woody LimRe: DV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 13, 2003 at 2:08:56 am

It could be the sequence preset that you have loaded. Maybe try trashing all the cine custom setting and reinstalling those presets from the installer. Then select the new preset for your sequence.
I am using MDD DP1.25, FCP 4.0.2, Cinewave 4.0.2 and playing back 20+ minutes edited PAL sequence of DV clips without problem. Oh! And my DV media HD is a FW800!

Woody

Return to posts index

Walter BiscardiRe: DV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 13, 2003 at 4:02:39 am

You need to have CineWave RT Pro installed for realtime DV playback in a CineWave timeline.

If you have the Pro version and you're seeing some stuttering on the NTSC playback, ensure that your DV footage has been placed correctly by CineWave. Insert your clip into your CineWave timeline. Then double click that clip back into Viewer. Check the "Center" setting. It should read 0,1. If it reads 0,0, change the second setting to 1.

CineWave is supposed to automatically place the DV footage for at 0,1 setting. From time to time, it will put it at 0,0 which gives you stuttering and badly interlaced looking footage.

Also, sometimes when I hit play, the DV footage will stutter a bit, even if it's placed correctly. Just stop playback and start again.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Owner/Creative Director, d'Arte media creations & Southern Sky Creative
http://www.southernskycreative.com

DP 1.25 / 1.5G RAM / OS 10.2.6 / QT 6.3 / FCP 4.0.2 / CineWave 4.0.1 / Pro D&A BOB

Return to posts index

DeadheadALso black levels of DV footage are not correct
by on Nov 13, 2003 at 6:12:21 am

Placing DV captured clips from firewire in a targa seq raises the black level of the DV clips. I have seen this in 3 different systems aleady, and have reported it to Pinnacle- but no one seems to admit there is a problem. Until this issue is fixed, it is a worthless feature (for me anyway). Capturing clips via the targa bob in DV codec however- the DV clips black level is correct. Can anyone else confirm that DV firewire clips look the same in a DV sequence and a Targa sequence? You can clearly see it on a scope as well as visually.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2003 at 2:16:31 pm

Walter, you're the best!!! Is this in the Pinnacle documentation? I hope so....I definitely missed that little detail.

Thanks!
Ron

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2003 at 2:56:00 pm

Ditto, Walter! I'm not sure I would have ever figured that one out. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Lon KellerRe: DV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 13, 2003 at 6:55:19 pm

Walter,

This is for DV footage brought into FCP via Firewire and not the Pinnacle BoB ... correct?

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2003 at 8:33:25 pm

It is in my case.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2003 at 8:53:01 pm

I had captured footage from my Powerbook via firewire on my Lacie drives. In the past I would recapture the footage via BOB to work in Cinewave for finishing. Now that I have a G5 (graduated from G4 DP500) I can play DV clips in a Targa timeline. I don't think this is a problem for footage captured Targa--->DV codec.

Ron

Return to posts index

Mark WoodlandRe: DV clips in Cinewave TL
by on Nov 14, 2003 at 6:48:04 pm

I had a problem with stuttering DV footage (captured to a FW drive) and it was because I had the canvas window set on 100% rather than Fit to Monitor. Once that was corrected it plays back fine so far. I think this can be an issue no matter what footage your working with?

Mark

G4 dual 867
FCP 4.02
CWRTPRO 4.02

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]