Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

10.2.4 time bug - script fix

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Johan Edstrom10.2.4 time bug - script fix
by on Mar 15, 2003 at 4:26:43 pm

This Applescript could provide a useful workaround for those affected by the 10.2.4 date bug. It's an alternative for FCP users who don't want to use Network Time Server on. (I have not tried this myself so I take no responsibility. Try at your own risk but it seems like a safe procedure.)

http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/SyncTime/

Return to posts index

Johan EdstromRe: 10.2.4 time bug - script fix Caution!
by on Mar 15, 2003 at 4:43:27 pm

Another word of caution. Apple states that since the UI scripting Beta (required for this procedure) is Beta software and should not be used in "mission critical environments". However, since this script is only run at startup I don't think it should cause any problems after it's been run but you never know...

Return to posts index

Kirk MRe: 10.2.4 time bug - script fix Caution!
by on Mar 16, 2003 at 7:31:19 am

This is exactly what I am doing manually each boot which I described in an earlier post. It only takes a few seconds to do manually and I think I would prefer that over a script run on a beta feature that Apple says not to run in "mission-critical environments"

The bug came from an OS release that they seemed to feel was ready for prime time. I must say, using a beta that they warn about doesn't exactly instill a lot of confidence in me. I think I'll stick to the 15 seconds and 3 mouse clicks to take care of it myself each boot up.

Not to sound cynical or anything...

Return to posts index

naztime fix
by on Mar 17, 2003 at 12:23:59 pm

Cmon, lets wait for couple of days, heres from Apple developers release

...The following is information on Mac OS X Update 10.2.5 build 6L11. This is an update to Mac OS X v10.2.4.
Developer bug fix list:
- Date reset to December 31, 1969 bug fixed

All the best, sorry for my english

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]