Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Edit to tape

COW Forums : Pinnacle CineWave

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Scott MatthewsEdit to tape
by on Jan 3, 2003 at 7:05:36 am

Happy New Year to all.
I am experiencing trouble in editing to tape. The system seems to freeze and the OSX cursor colour wheel spins forever and nothing hapens. Using the print to tape function works fine but I have no machine control with that option.
On the 31st Dec 2002 I succesfully installed all 10.2.3 updates and drivers and have been capturing from the PRO 50 deck and editing in 10.2.3 with only the smallest hiccups, until now.
I have re-checked all the settings and tried serveral variations but all with the same result.
Has anyone else had trouble editing to tape, or have any suggestions.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter BiscardiRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 3, 2003 at 11:23:44 am

What type of machine control do you have and how is it hooked up to the Mac?

Walter Biscardi
Final Cut Pro / CineWave Forum Host
Owner/Creative Director, d'Arte media creations
http://www.dartemedia.com

Class on Demand Producer
http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Scott MatthewsRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 6, 2003 at 1:57:02 am

Hi Walter,
Machine control is RS-422 Panasonic connected via the gport serial connector.
I dont beleive there is anything wrong with the Device control setup as I have no problem in logging and capturing, aside from the occassional FCP dissapearing act during capture (as has been logged in this forum before by others.)

Return to posts index

David RitsherRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 3, 2003 at 11:54:15 pm

Could you supply more details about the kind of sequence you are attempting to Edit-to-Tape. Also, please supply as much detail as you can as to exactly when in the Edit-to-Tape process the system is hanging.

David Ritsher

CinéWave QA
Pinnacle Systems

Return to posts index

Scott MatthewsRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 6, 2003 at 1:48:58 am

The sequence is a PAl CCIR 601, 25fps, Super white, 5 layers video, 6 layers audio, Minimal FX.
The problem is only encountered when the edit to tape window is open or just activated. The system sometimes hangs when opening the window, sometimes when an adjustment is made, sometimes when the last dialogue box is clicked on just before the material is put to tape.
The machine control is sluggish, but fine when logging and capturing.
Strange!!!!

Return to posts index

Rune HansenRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 4, 2003 at 12:01:22 am

[ Scott Matthews ] I am experiencing trouble in editing to tape. The system seems to freeze and the OSX cursor colour wheel spins forever and nothing hapens. Using the print to tape function works fine but I have no machine control with that option.

This does sound very much like one of the "general 10.2 issues" we've seen in a lot of systems. Basically, for no reason whatsoever, systems go into this suspended animation mode, both during capture and edit to tape, and also quite often during general use of FCP, just scrubbing back and forth, playing, doing simple things will sometimes render the system unusable.

Even running system checks in a shell from a separate machine during these events does not show anything, really.

I've described it before, in particular with the Stealth card. Unfortunately I've also seen it happen on systems with no board or with Aja/DeckLink boards.

Finding a solution has been rather difficult, though.

--rune

Return to posts index

Johan EdstromRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 4, 2003 at 8:38:43 am

Could this be related to permission settings on the media volumes?

Return to posts index

Rune HansenRe: Edit to tape
by on Jan 6, 2003 at 3:00:55 am

[ Johan Edstrom ] Could this be related to permission settings on the media volumes?

Don't think so, especially since the files are created, and keep growing in size even after FCP has gone out to lunch playing with the beach ball. So, unfortunately that ain't the case.

--rune

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]