Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

AES/Problem

COW Forums : Aurora Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mika HudymaAES/Problem
by on Oct 21, 2004 at 4:20:05 pm

I posted the other day about a problem we has with DVW 500 and our Igniter. That problem seems to be solved--we brought in a new DVw 2000 and have used the genlock on the igniter which seems nice and stable.

However, now when we plug in our AES out into the Deck, the deck's input select keeps flashing on our digital signal. Thew analong works fine--and we have a digital signal playing through, but it isn't stable.

Is there a way to check this? This has never happened before--curious if anyone knows what the problem could be.

Best

Mika

Return to posts index

John PaleRe: AES/Problem
by on Oct 21, 2004 at 5:40:34 pm

If you are using gen lock, make sure the switch labeled OUT REF is set to REF and not input video.

Return to posts index

Mika HudymaRe: AES/Problem
by on Oct 21, 2004 at 5:44:33 pm

We figured out the genlock--picture is stable and all seems to be set right. The DVW-M2000 has digital menus which are a pain to set if you are used to the manual settings, but we seem to be OK. The big mystery is why our AES in (coming from Igniter) is flashing on the Deck. We have a signal now, but we can't get it to lock down like the analogue signal we are sending to 3 +4.

Hmmm...

MT

Return to posts index

Michael AlbertsRe: AES/Problem
by on Oct 21, 2004 at 11:23:08 pm

I've frequently noticed this when outputting AES/EBU via the Igniter. I'm using the Pipe Pro now and don't have this problem. However, that being said, I've output at least fifty shows throught the Igniter using the AES ouputs of the Igniter. Yes, the AES lights on the A500 flash, but I've never had a record problem. I've played back the recorded problem and it's always been good. Dozens of shows recorded like this have been sent out for broadcast and past stringent QA.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mika HudymaRe: AES/Problem
by on Oct 21, 2004 at 11:28:04 pm

WE have been playing out wonderfully--no glitches, but the AES light still flashes. I checked the audio and it is clean--no peaks, no pops.

Perhaps I never noticed it is before, but is a troubling glitch.

As long as it works!

M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]