Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

RUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!

COW Forums : Aurora Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
ChrisRUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!
by on Feb 23, 2003 at 1:35:47 am

http://www.looprumors.com
has rumor info on FCP 4 at NAB, of course this is just a rumor site, but they have been correct in the past...

- Chris

Return to posts index

GuyRe: RUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!
by on Feb 23, 2003 at 7:37:15 pm

if you look at the readme file for the latest Ingniter drivers, regarding a known issue it says something to the effect of: This will be fixed in FCP version 4.0.

intersesting.

Return to posts index

Michael AlbertsRe: RUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!
by on Feb 24, 2003 at 4:03:37 pm

My gut feeling is that Apple will announce FCP 4 at NAB but isn't anywhere near ready to ship. I would guess that they'll be showing "features" of FCP 4 but not a finished product.
Over a year ago, at DV Expo (October 2001) when FCP 3.0 was released, Randy Ubilos stated that development of FCP was being accelerated and that we would see faster releases. This is fast? By NAB time it will have been 1 Year and 6 months since the last major FCP release (3.02 and 3.04 not included which were just bug fixes).

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
ambidextrous@mac.com

Return to posts index

David BattistellaRe: RUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!
by on Feb 24, 2003 at 4:09:43 pm

Michale,

When I think of all of the media manager nightmares in the past 18 months its enough to tear my hair out.

You are right. Two bug fixes in a year and a half, for the most used editing software in the world.

Presumable, they have had some user feedback.

David

Return to posts index

arturoRe: RUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!
by on Feb 26, 2003 at 3:28:50 pm

exactly,

media manager nightmares is the MAIN ISSUE.

I Hope this is what apple have concentrated on for FCP4

I think we would have seen FCP4 earlier had apple not spent time on their ginius product final cut xpress (what was that all about)

I understand there are lots of semi-pro/home consumers out there,

but for those of us (pro-users) who have given our loyalty to FCP as oppossed to AVID or any other software, I feel apple should take care of us more.

anyway its good to have a moan every now and then

cheers,

arturo

Return to posts index

David BattistellaRe: RUMOR OF FCP 4 AT NAB!!!
by on Feb 26, 2003 at 4:32:02 pm

Here Here Arturo.

It would be nice if we could just grab a sequence and recapture it shot for shot instead of getting the entire clip. It would also be great to be able to consolodate media and not be afraid too.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]