Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Atto UL3D SCSI card

COW Forums : Aurora Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Steven EscobarAtto UL3D SCSI card
by on Jan 15, 2003 at 2:19:07 am

I'm having problems with drop frames as explained in the Igniter manual in Appendix C. It's asking me to slow down the card but I'm still getting the same results. If anyone is using similar equipment and not having drop frame problems, I'd love to hear what your settings are at.

G4 733MHz running OS 9.2.2
Atto UL3D SCSI
240 Gig Medea VideoRaid RT on 1st bus
120 Gig Medea Video Raid SCSI on 2nd bus
I also have 2 internal drives which are using audio SFX for my sequence
My main hard drive is connected to another Atto SCSI card which came with system.

Thanks
Steve Escobar

Return to posts index

T. J. ShankRe: Atto UL3D SCSI card
by on Jan 15, 2003 at 6:10:17 am

Steven,

Are you using the uncompressed settings? I have an RT that doesn't play uncompressed well if it is more than 2/3 full. I have solved that problem by striping two RT arrays together... Other than that, I would check to see if the drive you are using is fragmented.

tjs

Return to posts index

Steven EscobarRe: Atto UL3D SCSI card
by on Jan 15, 2003 at 6:37:54 pm

I'm not using uncompressed. I have a base Igniter card with component. My sequence is set at 13.3 but I do have some media that is 10.

How do I know if my drive is fragmented?

Excuse the ignorance, I'm not much of a technician when it comes to settings and such.

Thanks
Steve

Return to posts index

tj ShankRe: Atto UL3D SCSI card
by on Jan 15, 2003 at 6:57:19 pm

Some of the defrag utilities like Norton SpeedDisk will let you examine your disk to see the level of fragmentation before you do anything to repair the problem. I usually defrag after every project (over-night), or if the out-going project was the only one on the disk, I re-format. Don't know if it's absolutely necessary, but it seems to keep things running smoothly.

tjs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]