Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Autosave Vault

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
RonAutosave Vault
by on Dec 10, 2003 at 4:24:49 pm

I know this has been touched on... is anyone having problems or figured out a solution to the autosave vault.

I see that FCP IS autosaving, but when I go to restore a project, it gives times from the previous day. Upon further investigation, I can find the current autosave files via the Finder, but FCP is not looking in the correct folder, it seems!

Just an observation on my part, as I know this has been an issue with FCP4.

Ron

Return to posts index

Jerry HofmannRe: Autosave Vault
by on Dec 10, 2003 at 8:23:52 pm

I don't ever seem to need to do that, but can't you just open the saved version you're after?

Jerry

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

Return to posts index

RonRe: Autosave Vault
by on Dec 10, 2003 at 8:36:13 pm

I could, but in a crash situation, I usually rely on FCP to find the most recent version of a project. Since FCP4.0.x this process hasn't been 100% accurate. The files ARE being generated, but when you restore a project, FCP gives you options for files that were saved days ago. I then need to physically open the file from the correct location using Finder.

Its just the extra steps involved that weren't there before.
PS: This project was moved from a laptop to a desktop. Maybe FCP is confused? It should still know where to look for them since its saving them. weird. Again, not a problem until 4.0.x.

Thanks (congrats on the book)
Ron

Return to posts index

Itamar KoolRe: Autosave Vault
by on Dec 10, 2003 at 10:15:50 pm

I had the same problem with a FCP 3 project that I transferred from antoher computer to mine. Upgraded it to FCP 4; crashe a couple of times, looked in the Autosave fault and then it turned out FCP only saved the project every one hour, while my preference said every 15 minutes

Kool En De Anderen
dual 1 gig G4/Mac OS 10.3.1
Kona SD card
FCP 4/AE 6 Pro
http://www.koolendeanderen.nl

Return to posts index

Will MacNeilRe: Autosave Vault
by on Dec 10, 2003 at 10:57:51 pm

I'm not in front of my machine at the moment. But I would guess there's been a change in the naming conventions. The autosave vault appends a formatted date to the project name, thus allowing FCP to sort them when you use the restore command.

Also is it possible your system time and date settings have changed?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 11, 2003 at 3:31:13 am

No thats the first thing I checked. FCP IS saving the file, but its not navigating to the correct vault folder when you go to restore. Ususally you get the last 5 saving versions in the pull down menu. My last five version are from previous days... not the current day with current timing. Sure enough if you open one of those files it is a backup of very OLD work.

I check into it some more, but it seems its been a little screwy for some people since FCP4. My settings are set for every 15 minutes, 40 versions, 25 projects.

Return to posts index

Pedro AlveraRe: Autosave Vault
by on Dec 11, 2003 at 6:13:26 am

Sometimes I have the same problem with same settings: 15-40-25... and not moving a project from another machine.

Bye!

Return to posts index

Jan FranzénRe: Autosave Vault
by on Dec 11, 2003 at 5:53:08 pm

Had a mysterious experience here. Try looking in the trash can. After i had restored or tried to restore after a crash even the restore file was corrupt. So i tried to fiend an earlier saved restorefile but i just found one, plus the rest of the gang in the trash can.

Jan Franzén

Return to posts index

by on Dec 11, 2003 at 6:48:16 pm

That's too funny!!

More serious than funny...
I've found autosave files in the trash can, but only after I reach my project file limit...currently set at 40. So the earliest file after 40 would go to the can, and the assigned autosave folder would automatically maintain 40 versions of the project. If you needed versions earlier than that you could find them in the trash can (as long as you haven't emptied it)!

This HAS NOT been the case since FCP4!! I'd love to get the autosave feature back to how it was in FCP3. OR at the very least a system where I don't have to hunt for autosave files

Later
Ron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]