Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE LIVETYPE:HomeLiveType ForumFinal CutFinal Cut Tutorials

The trick to installing India DV Fonts into Live Type

COW Forums : Apple LiveType

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sjon UeckertThe trick to installing India DV Fonts into Live Type
by on Jun 22, 2003 at 9:45:18 pm

I haven't heard from Apple yet on the problems we've encountered installing the old fonts, but in fooling around, I discovered the trick. It seems that LT wont read a folder of fonts if the fonts are contained in folders of their own. In other words, If you install a folder named India Fonts at the same level as the Pro Series folder, and that India Fonts folder contains the folders Artistic, Caricature, Chance, etc. Nothing gets read. You will only see Pro Series at the requester pull down on the media manager. If you put the folder Artistic (which contains the .afp's and the QT movies and no other internal folders) in the Live Fonts folder with Pro Series folder, Artistic appears on the pull down. I guess Live Type is locked into their pathname scheme and it won't allow looking at deeper levels. So until I get a response from higher up (call it an epiphany) this will have to do. It does work, though.

Sjon

Return to posts index

Rick RohrkemperRe: The trick to installing India DV Fonts into Live Type
by on Jun 22, 2003 at 10:43:55 pm

Thanks guys. I have to install the real DV fonts "afp"'s and ".mov"'s into the LiveFonts data >>BUT<< can use alias's for the LiveType Data(the huge 15gig from India Pro).....other than the time to move everything this seems to do the trick. Now only if there were a faster - automated way to strip the word 'alias'

I like the OSX version -- ram preview, the timeline -- WOW!
RRR

RRR

Return to posts index

David SaracenoRe: The trick to installing India DV Fonts into Live Type
by on Jun 22, 2003 at 11:03:08 pm

Just don't install the duplicate fonts. For four CDs, there were only five duplicate fonts.

See my post:

"The trick is that after you create the folder called "India Fonts" at the same level of the folder "ProSeries," you must actually put something in that India Fonts folder.

Once I did that for the afp and afd files, LiveType saw the fonts, and the India Pro folder as a second choice in the drop down menu.

They work as before."

It works this way, and you only lose the duplicate fonts; which in reality you don't.

Return to posts index

locashwhere can you get these india fonts?
by on Jun 29, 2003 at 2:42:45 pm

are thesee downloadable? or do you need to own the original program. i goto http://www.dvfonts.com and it shoots me to apple. will people be creating these live fonts and having them on a site? that would be cool.

Return to posts index

Sjon UeckertRe: where can you get these india fonts?
by on Jun 29, 2003 at 5:52:17 pm

Soon, soon. There are people out there developing fonts for LiveType (which will work with India Titler). They are also developing loops for Soundtrack, and more objects and textures for LiveType as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]