Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Beginner question

COW Forums : SmartSound - Sonicfire Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
OpChiasmBeginner question
by on Mar 16, 2003 at 12:51:01 am

Thanks in advance.

I would like to add music to an avi file created by Canopus Imaginate. When I render the video in Imaginate, it asks me to select a codec from a drop-down list that includes things like Cinepak Codec by Radius, Intel Indeo Video 4.5, Microsoft RLE, Microsoft Video 1, and others. I have no idea what these are. I did eenie-meenie-miney-moe and rendered the avi. When I opened it in Sonicfire Pro, I got a message about not being able to incorporate the video into the sound file.

Anyway ... can someone suggest which codec I should choose in Imaginate so that I can produce an avi file that has both video and audio? Ultimately, it's going to end up in Sonic Foundry Vegas 4, if that matters.

Thanks again for any help at all.

Return to posts index

Sharon at Sonic DesktopRe: Beginner question
by on Mar 16, 2003 at 2:42:34 am

Actually you probably don't have a problem if the message that appears is the one that says you can't save the video with the audio.

Sonicfire is built with a QuickTime engine for video display and for soundtrack save features. For Windows users, if QuickTime cannot read the video display file, Windows Media Player takes a crack at it. That way you can display many common Windows video file formats without needing to make them QuickTime-compatible.

However, the save engine, being QuickTime, cannot read the video file to be able to save a complete project that includes both the video file and audio file together. So if the video is finished, and you have completed your score, you can't create your final result from within Sonicfire Pro by saving the video and the soundtrack together.

This isn't how most folks use the software, though, so it probably isn't a problem. Most folks prefer to save the soundtrack out as an audio file and bring that into their video editing system, then create the final project from the video editor. You can still do this fine. When your soundtrack is done, just save it as a wave file and then open the wave file into Vegas 4.

Hope that explains it clearly. Let me know if you have further questions.

Sharon
SmartSound Software

Return to posts index

OpChiasmRe: Beginner question
by on Mar 16, 2003 at 11:15:35 am

Very clearly.

Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter