Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

What tutorials are needed for Sonicfire Pro?

COW Forums : SmartSound - Sonicfire Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Sharon at Sonic DesktopWhat tutorials are needed for Sonicfire Pro?
by on Nov 15, 2001 at 12:46:41 am

Hey all! I am currently working developing some additional tutorials for Sonicfire Pro users, to help everyone better understand how to use the program.

There are two tutorials currently included with the documentation: one is a general overview of how to score using the Maestro and Choose Video; the other is how to import and razor your own sound files.

I'd love some feedback regarding what tutorials you'd like to see, and what you think of the current tutorials (not basic enough? too basic?). Let me know what you think.

As additional tutorials are available, I'll let you know!

Sharon/Sonic Desktop

Return to posts index

Duncan HectorRe: What tutorials are needed for Sonicfire Pro?
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 10:29:32 pm

1/. You could make life easier for users by changing the format of the pdf file containing your manual so that it can be printed onto A4 paper. Yours is the only manual I have come across that cuts off both the left hand side and right hand side. I have tried "shrink to fit" and all I get is a smaller version with bits missing. My only option, without studying for a degree in computer science is to read the manual off the screen - very inconvenient when working through a problem.
2/. I have a problem and have spent several hours trying to resolve it but with no success - can you help? Today I received 4 new CDs from you. I already have 18, all loaded on my hard disc and working very well. I then added the four new CDs using Librarian so that they are also on the hard disc in the same folder as my previous CDs. Now both Maestro and Browser will only give me access to the new CDs - I am unable to access any of my previous music at all unless I go through the lengthy and laborious process of adding them with Librarian. I must be doing something wrong - but what?
3/. Until I can print out your manual, I can't really comment on its value because it is too much hassle to use it.

Return to posts index

Sharon at Sonic DesktopRe: What tutorials are needed for Sonicfire Pro?
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 11:54:13 pm

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. I've emailed you a copy of the manual saved a little differently; hopefully that will help.

As far as the software not having access to music, it may be a problem with the paths you have set up in the librarian. Check each path in the paths list within the Librarian. Make sure the sound files on your hard drive are located in one of these paths. It sounds like the path where your other CDs were copied has been deleted from the path list.

Since you're Windows, go into Windows Explorer and find a sound file from one of the CDs you have. You can use the Find feature in Windows if you have trouble locating the file. For example, type in "Frenetic Jazz", as that's a track name on the Attention Grabbers CD which you own. Make sure the directory where this file is located has been added to your path list. You may need to exit Sonicfire Pro and go back in for your changes to take effect.

Another note about paths: when you add a path, it will read that location and any subdirectories as well. Make sure you don't have the same path loaded twice, or have a subdirectory of an existing path in the paths list. Also make sure you don't have a path to a CD drive. This can cause weird behavior.

Return to posts index

Duncan HectorRe: What tutorials are needed for Sonicfire Pro?
by on Nov 17, 2001 at 4:26:12 pm

Thanks for the advice. The sound files were all in the right folder and the library files were in theirs. Still no joy. So, to make Maestro usable again I had to add 18 CDs back through the Librarian - a lengthy procedure.

Next time I add a new CD I fear that I will have to add back all the 22 CDs in my present collection. Going by this experience it will take an hour or two - very irritating! I must be doing something wrong or is it a bug in the Beta software?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]