Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Deleting files

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
KenDeleting files
by on Apr 30, 2002 at 11:57:25 pm

I have a folder that has 6 folders inside I am able to send all the folders to the trash but cannot delete them, it says that I do not have privilages, but when I get info it says myname and admin and it looks like I have the priviliges.

running OSX and only OSX

Thanks

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Deleting files
by on May 1, 2002 at 5:25:01 am

hello...

are these files that you made? or were you perhaps in admin mode when they were made and now you're back in a lower user mode?

that's the usual culprit, but you did say that you had checked the rights and it looked like you had permissions to delete. i do get that sometimes when there's an app still using the files within (like i had an icon that i'd downloaded to a folder in my desktop and then put to use, so i couldn't delete the folder from my trash when i moved it there until i copied the icon to a more permanent place and then reassigned the app that was using it to the new location)...

maybe that's it?

sitruc

Return to posts index

peter rooneyRe: Deleting files
by on May 3, 2002 at 10:22:20 am

Here's an alternative fix for deleting files that are 'bulletproof', Stuff them with Stuffit deluxe and make sure to set your Stuffit prefs. to ' delete originals after stuffing' and Stuffit is able to delete the originals and you can safely move the Stufffit archive to the trash and easily delete it.

It works, I tried it. I did find Apple's 'Terminal ' fix for the problem but the whole idea of having a GUI is not to have to resort to the terminal, that's why I own a mac .

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]