Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Force quit on a MAC OS

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Julie LeinweberForce quit on a MAC OS
by on Jul 25, 2003 at 2:33:11 pm

How do you force quit a program on a MAC OS? I don't want to restart as my boss has open docs he needs saved. Also the computer may have to be restarted because the colour wheel isn't moving. Any ideas? Need an answer ASAP!

THANKS!!

Return to posts index

Tim BeatonRe: Force quit on a MAC OS
by on Jul 25, 2003 at 3:03:38 pm

In OSX ten, it's the same keys as OS9. Aple+Option+escape, and select the app you want to force quit in the pop-up box. Or, select the program item in teh dock, and press the option key, (the middle one of the three to the left of the space bar) the quit menu item will now change to Force quit.

If the application has stopped responding, you probably have lost any open documents in that particular app. Force quit kills that app, but should leave everthing else untouched.

"Who's the lady with the log...?"
"We call her the Log Lady"

Return to posts index

Julie LeinweberRe: Force quit on a MAC OS
by on Jul 25, 2003 at 3:17:58 pm

LOL Thanks for the in depth response Tim. I looked it up on the internet while waiting for a response but the entire computer crashed so in the end I was forced to reboot(sucks). ( I work on a PC and had to do some MAC to PC file transfers) It has truely been too long since I used a MAC OS and had forgotten.
Thanks and Cheers.

Return to posts index

Tim BeatonRe: Force quit on a MAC OS
by on Jul 27, 2003 at 11:05:28 am

You're welcome!

"Who's the lady with the log...?"
"We call her the Log Lady"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter