Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAC OS X:ForumBoot CampApple Home

Safari problem (reminiscent of IE)

COW Forums : Apple OS X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Aaron FisherSafari problem (reminiscent of IE)
by on Jun 26, 2003 at 2:33:25 am

so i finally installed Safari now that it's out of beta. This time it did bring MOST of my bookmarks in from Chimera, but not all. Not a biggie. It didn't delete my applications or anything, although I went through a moment of panic during the install process (after hearing about Curtis' problems) since it went through about 3 minutes of "Optimizing System Performance" during installation (whatever that means--should it really take that to 'optimize' a web browser??).
Anyway, the problem i'm having with it is a page refreshing problem, exactly similar to the one IE has on OSX--where it loads a blank or half-drawn screen, and you have to scroll or drag the browser window out a little to refresh the page. It's not a consistent problem, but it seems to happen in spurts (as a matter of fact, it happened with the last 3 pages I went to including this one).
Anyone else experiencing this??

aaron

Return to posts index

Mark SimpsonRe: Safari problem (reminiscent of IE)
by on Jun 26, 2003 at 4:48:07 am

No, but I'm having a helluva time with Netscape 7 on my G3/350 (Mac OS 8.6).

The mail client is horrid, with the cursor being about four letters off when typing.

And there is this stupid Netscape feedback thing that keeps coming up and causing my computer to lock up hard requiring a reboot. After several days of hitting cancel I finally said okay hoping if I filled ou their stuoid thing it would go away.

So I jump through the hoops, and fill out the comments thing complaining about the problems I'm having, and then I submit it. I get a page that says thanks, but we daon't actually respond to individual messages. we just keep them for our records.So much for contacting Netscape support!

The thing still pops up and causes the computer to crash, even after trying to satisfy it by jumping through the hoops.

It's nuts! It's one of those times where I wish I was a hacker. I'd send a virus to netscape to destroy their customer feedback center. Maybe then with the monster dead, it'd leave my browser alone!

Mark Simpson

Return to posts index

Tony!Re: Safari problem (reminiscent of IE)
by on Jun 26, 2003 at 6:36:00 am

It's weird how everyone seems to be having a different problem when it comes to Safari. Almost no one is having the same problem as far as I can see. I haven't experienced your difficulty on Safari, but it happened all the time with IE. Instead, I'm having an occasional problem, only Creative Cow so far, where if I hit the back button it asks me if I'm sure I want to submit a form. If I say no, then I get an error message page. If I say yes, I get the same submit form message three times, it then it re-posts my last posted message three times. Weird, but other than that and an occasional font issue, that I haven't taken the time to track down, I've had few problems.

Tony!

Return to posts index

Eric BowmanRe: Safari problem (reminiscent of IE)
by on Jun 27, 2003 at 4:28:58 am

Aaron,

I am getting the same type of behavior from Safari as you. And I don't have a fix for it either. Sorry mate. Let me know if you find a fix for this. I am running a G4 dp 1.42 1 gig memory 240 hd.

Eric

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSBRe: Safari problem (reminiscent of IE)
by on Jul 3, 2003 at 4:28:32 am

Hi Aaron,
Late to the party, but I'm have EXACTLY the same problem with Safari!
I'm running on a Cinema 22" display, thought that might be a problem...
Luckly, I'm still willing to use IE.

Please let us know if you find something.

Todd at UCSB
Producer/Director
Instructional Resources

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]