Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

Problems with Windows 2000 installation.

COW Forums : MAYA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
AveneProblems with Windows 2000 installation.
by on Dec 15, 2001 at 3:04:03 pm

My first post :) Just recently I upgraded from Windows NT to Windows 2000. The main reason behind my decision to do so was to enable the pc to run the latest version of Vegas Video, the video editing software I use. The latest version won't run on NT.

Anyway, after doing so, the new installation has messed up my Maya shelves. They're now back to the default settings. The biggest problem is trying to run certain scripts I used to use. A couple of these used to appear on the main shelf. When I try to run them now, I get an error which says "Cannot find procedure "name of script".". It's really frustrating. I just want to get things back to normal. The scripts are all in the same folders as they used to be.

Would any of you happen to know what's causing Maya to be unable to execute these scripts? Any help would here be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

AveneRe: Problems with Windows 2000 installation.
by on Dec 15, 2001 at 3:08:20 pm

Actually I've just noticed that Maya no longer searches for the scripts in the winnt/profiles/administrator/maya/scripts folder, but in the winnt/profiles/administrator/personal/maya/scripts folder. So my question now is how I'd go about changing this back to the old folder.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2001 at 3:12:13 pm

It's alright... I've worked it out... Sorry to have wasted space on the board here :)

Return to posts index

Chad BriggsRe: Problems with Windows 2000 installation.
by on Dec 15, 2001 at 3:18:10 pm

Avene-
NT 4 stores it's preferences in diff location than 2k. In NT i believe it is under c:winntprofiles(username)maya Under Win2k it's under MyDocumentsMaya (wherever you speficied my documents to be stored, usually, on the C drive.) Try copying the old files out of the NT4 directory into the new Maya directory under mydocs, and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.
-chad

Return to posts index

by on Dec 15, 2001 at 3:22:25 pm

Actually, the Win2000 upgrade never created a My Documents folder. It just kept the Winnt/profiles one that was already in place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]