Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

Duncan - Fluids Training

COW Forums : MAYA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
lw3dDuncan - Fluids Training
by on Jun 27, 2004 at 9:55:51 pm

Just in case Duncan comes by and reads this but anyone can give their opinions ... its cool

The fluids module is so cool and there is so much you can do with it but how in the heck do you use it and produce something useful. I have to say it is such ashame that so much time and effort went into making it that its ashame that it just sits there in most maya users programs ... we need some good training on it

It is just awesome, it even does volumetric self shadowing. There are so many attributes that its bind boggling how to use. I am not referring to the make ocean or make wake .. anyone can press those buttons ... I am referring to making nice fluid effects as demonstrated in Alias fluid demos

I have never been to a personal demo but I have seen some bits and pieces of videos ... for example, I have seen pieces of the 2002 siggraph video, Understanding Fluid Effects, where Duncan just demonstrates the introduction of the fluids module by showing really awesome fluid effects and I am left with how the heck were these made

I want some training on this, I do not know about others but it almost pisses me off that this thing just sits here and there is no training on it ... a fluid grid, paint desnsity,huh ... how will these attributes help me make that mushroom cloud, ice berg on water and other volumetric effects

Duncan, you and your partners are so damn smart, cant you guys come up with some sort of training video or book on the fluids module

Return to posts index

lw3dRe: Duncan - Fluids Training
by on Jun 29, 2004 at 12:34:31 am

NO one wants to learn how to utilize all of this modules power ... goodie all for me

Return to posts index

davidheijlRe: Duncan - Fluids Training
by on Jun 29, 2004 at 7:17:44 am

Hey there,

did you try the Digital Tutors Fluids training kit? I bought it and it does contain a whole lot of info, but I must admit that I haven't really had the time to get to grips with it.
Maybe I'll look it over later this week and maybe write a review. Yes, that sounds like quite a good idea, doesn't it? :-)

cheers

David

------------------------------
Consider Phlebas, who was once
handsome and tall as you

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2004 at 7:54:18 am

the digital tutors product is horrible ... and that is being nice

reading the manual and watching those videos are the same

Return to posts index

davidheijlRe: Duncan - Fluids Training
by on Jun 29, 2004 at 3:10:34 pm

ouch! all the more reason for me to write a review, then :)

Consider Phlebas, who was once
handsome and tall as you

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2004 at 8:36:28 pm

go for it ... I dont think you will be any different

you do not learn a thing from it ... I am not going to pay someone to read the manual for me :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]