Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAYA:MAYA ForumMAYA TutorialsMAYA

Wacom tablet & middle mouse button

COW Forums : MAYA

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
kiranWacom tablet & middle mouse button
by on Jul 9, 2003 at 10:59:35 am

I use a wacom tablet + stylus with Maya 4.5 / OSX
How do you get to simulate the middle mouse button?
So far, I've tried suing combinations of Cntrl, Alt and command to do a few thihngs like zoom in/out and rotate around an object. But I can't do things like drag a shader and drop it onto an object.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

sean fennellRe: Wacom tablet & middle mouse button
by on Jul 9, 2003 at 7:28:35 pm

i dunno about the mac but on pc i'd open the control panel for the wacom settings (where you adjust pressure settings and the like) and there should be a section for buttons and you can change the index finger button to be middle click.

Return to posts index

Chris SmithRe: Wacom tablet & middle mouse button
by on Jul 14, 2003 at 3:03:11 am

I have a 3 button mouse from Wacom that works with the tablet. It will not work as a normal 3 button mouse w/ Maya as of yet. I read on A|W site that they were working with Wacom to set things straight. I haven't checked in a few months though.

Chris Smith
http://www.sugarfilmproduction.com

Return to posts index

tracy petersonRe: Wacom tablet & middle mouse button
by on Jul 21, 2003 at 5:57:46 am

get a logitech three button mouse and use it next to your tablet :) that's what i did.

T

Return to posts index

tracy petersonRe: Wacom tablet & middle mouse button
by on Aug 3, 2003 at 5:27:05 pm

i've hooked my tablet back up and you can use the wacom software to set the buttons on the side of the stylus to simulate three buttons. you have to change the defaults. i set the rocker button on the side of the stylus to be right and middle click. allowing me to perform actions with either as if i were using a three button mouse. hope it helps. i'm a big fan of using the stylus now :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]