Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Sequential Save within Action?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
spmaloneySequential Save within Action?
by on Nov 29, 2004 at 11:11:13 pm

Hello-

I'm setting up several actions within PhotoshopCS to expedite the creation of still graphics for TV news production. While recording an action, I can set the file up to save to a pre-determined folder with either its current name or a predetermined name. The problem is, that the next graphic created and saved will go to that same place with the same predetermined name, writing over the previous graphic. Is there a way to tell Photoshop to save the graphics to a file name with a sequential number (i.e.- 001.tga, then 002.tga, etc.)? While doing some research, I found that there are settings that will let you do so when creating a droplet, but I'm uncertain of how to integrate that into my workflow (if it's even possible).

Thanks a million for any suggestions.

Sean

Sean Maloney
Broadcast Designer

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Sequential Save within Action?
by on Nov 30, 2004 at 2:52:36 am

In the file >> automate >> batch command change destination to folder & check the override save as box. Have the batch command choose the folder.

Click on document name dropdown menu in file naming and change the 3 digit serial number

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Sequential Save within Action?
by on Nov 30, 2004 at 2:53:32 am

In the file >> automate >> batch command change destination to folder & check the override save as box. Have the batch command choose the folder.

In file naming change the document name dropdown to 3 digit serial number

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]