Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

A Clean Start

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jim ZitoA Clean Start
by on Mar 15, 2005 at 3:18:36 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running XP, which is an upgrade from ME. My computer is pretty bogged down with spyware and other crap and I want to basically wipe it out and start from scratch. What is the process? Should I just reformat the drive? And then do I have to install ME, then the XP upgrade, or can I just bypass the ME install and just install XP. (I believe there was a thread on here that said it will just ask for cerification that you have ME) Any help is appreciated.

DELL Dimension 8100
Pent 4 - 1.4 GHz
512 RAM
Win XP 2002 service pack 1

Jim

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: A Clean Start
by on Mar 15, 2005 at 12:31:09 pm

Begin the process by booting to the XP disc, choose the format option to clean things up. During the installation of XP, you will be promted to insert the ME disc for verification.

Return to posts index

Jim ZitoRe: A Clean Start
by on Mar 15, 2005 at 12:53:32 pm

Cool. Thanks a bunch Mike!

Return to posts index

Bob KigerRe: A Clean Start
by on Mar 23, 2005 at 7:16:29 am

I also downloaded the Microsoft anti-spyware beta, which does a regualar job of checking for and removing malicious spyware. It's free and seems to work just as well as a $20 anti-spyware program that I bought.

The crusade against spyware is not a one time event.

Bob Kiger
author, "Videography, What Does It All Mean?" OCT 1972, "American Cinematographer Magazine"
http://www.videography.org

Return to posts index

Bob KigerRe: A Clean Start
by on Mar 23, 2005 at 7:17:37 am

I also downloaded the Microsoft anti-spyware beta, which does a regualar job of checking for and removing malicious spyware. It's free and seems to work just as well as a $20 anti-spyware program that I bought.

The crusade against spyware is not a one time event.

Bob Kiger
author, "Videography, What Does It All Mean?" OCT 1972, "American Cinematographer Magazine"
http://www.videography.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]