Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Anyone tried 3d labs video cards with storm 2

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul EdwardAnyone tried 3d labs video cards with storm 2
by on Jun 12, 2003 at 9:15:11 pm

3D Labs WildCat VP990 Pro 512MB 256-bit DDR - RETAIL Take on any project. You'll get huge amounts of graphics memory to handle large data sets without sacrificing the legendary performance, reliability, and cinematic rendering of the Wildcat line.
Specifications:
Chipset:WildCat VP990
Memory:512Mb 256-bit DDR
Bus:AGP
Over 200 32-bit processors, 200GFlops and 1.2 TeraOps of processing, SIMD scalar arrays: geometry, texture, pixel processing, 256-bit DDR memory interface Dual integrated 370MHz 10-bit RAMDACs
Ports Dual VGA Ports
Retail box

Return to posts index

mgmoenRe: Anyone tried 3d labs video cards with storm 2
by on Jun 22, 2003 at 1:49:22 pm

I bought a wildcat approx. a year ago, it cost almost 2 g's, and I was completely unimpressed. Returned it and went with a Radeon8500, running dual monitors on it for a year and a half, never had a problem with it. For me the Radeon blows the Wildcat away, and I don't mean because it's 1800usd cheaper, it just works better for video editing. At least that's my experience, the Wildcat I had was very glichty. I'd never know from boot to boot, whether both my monitors would still be working, or they'd be working but somehow set back to single monitor status merely mirorring each other. Then it eats up a bunch of time reconfiguring to work. Regards, Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]