Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Video capture vie laptop Firewire

COW Forums : Windows Hardware & Software

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
kraikkonenVideo capture vie laptop Firewire
by on Feb 11, 2003 at 2:06:55 am

I got a new laptop, Compaq Presario 1503AP, P4 2GHz, 256DDR, 20G HD, Radeon 7500 video, USB 2.0 and firewire etc. I bought a 4pin to 4 pin firewire cable to connect to my canon dvc, but cannot get any of the software to capture the video. In the WIndows movie maker no capture device detected, as well as in ULEAD DVD workshop, must be something to do with the configuration. How to enable the firewire to work (TI OHCI compliant 1394 in the device manager). Please help or point me to where i can find help. I wanted to enjoy the laptop 2GHz processing power as my desktop is only running at 733Mhz P!!!. Another thing should i get the thing working will i be experiencing frame drops due to the slow hard disk?

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: Video capture vie laptop Firewire
by on Feb 11, 2003 at 1:15:14 pm

Windows XP is really good about recognizing cameras. Does the firewire card show up in Device Manager? Plugging in the camera, does it show up in Device Manager under Imaging devices or Sound, Game and Video Controllers. Does your camera work on your other PC?

Return to posts index

kraikkonenRe: Video capture vie laptop Firewire
by on Feb 13, 2003 at 6:51:28 am

Does the firewire card show up in Device Manager? Yes

Plugging in the camera, does it show up in Device Manager under Imaging devices or Sound, Game and Video Controllers? No,it appears as IEEE1394 bus host controllers, OHCI compliant

Does your camera work on your other PC? Yes, i used to capture the dv thru my desktop with a PCI 1394 card before my desktop died.

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: Video capture vie laptop Firewire
by on Feb 14, 2003 at 12:46:22 pm

Your camera is not the IEEE 1394 thingy, thats the firewire card. When plugged in and turned on, your camera should show up under imaging devices. You mentioned a 4 pin to 4 pin cable?? thats strange as most OHCI firewire cards use a 6 pin connector. Some proprietary capture cards use 4 pin connectors. What kind of firewire card do you have? It may need drivers. Are there any devices that have yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager??

Return to posts index

kraikkonenRe: Video capture vie laptop Firewire
by on Feb 24, 2003 at 2:29:49 am

Yes, the camera is ok. I just bought a new nforce2 board, and an Atlon XP1800+ to replace my dead P!!! desktop. I installed my old firewire card and fine my new desktop can capture from the DV camera. But i sill cannot figure out why the firewire built in my laptop ( COMPAQ Presario 1503AP) cannot recognize the dv camera. The firewire is working though as a network interface. SInce i already got my desktop i do ot really need to capture thru my laptop - however i am still curious why it did not work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]