Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Noise reduction before MPEG encoding

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Stephan KestingNoise reduction before MPEG encoding
by on Feb 21, 2004 at 9:37:57 pm

I am editing some DVCam footage using FCP3. The total project is going to be just under 2 hours long, which is pushing it a little for getting it all onto a single DVD-5. For cost reasons I'd really, really like to get it all onto a DVD-5.

I typically edit in FCP and then export to DVCam tape. Someone then hardware captures it for me and does the DVD authoring. What I want to do is to run some sort of noise-reduction process on my video BEFORE I export it to DVCam tape. Is there a simple noise-reduction process in FCP3 I could use to prepare this footage for hardware compression? Failing that, what is an affordable plug-in or stand-alone program to do the same thing?

Any input is appreciated!

Return to posts index

jabbar thomasRe: Noise reduction before MPEG encoding
by on Feb 26, 2004 at 7:48:01 pm

Hi,

A friend of mine says that you can greatly increase the quality of picture before you go to DVD by using Cleaner. You'd probably have to export a QT from FCP and import it into cleaner to clean it up (I'll ask specifically what he does today), but then you can export from Cleaner and encode it as an MP2, import into DVDSP (if that's what you use) and then author and output your DVD. FCP 4.0 is super and allows to export directly to Cleaner from your timeline for optimization. I'm not sure if FCP 3.0 can do this. I'll try to return with more info...just know that it can be done in FCP and that you need to get the most recent version of Cleaner.

Jabbar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]