Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

DVD Not working

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
JohnnyROundGuyDVD Not working
by on Nov 11, 2002 at 10:40:46 pm

I am authoring on a older G4(400). I have a simple menu with a play button on it that goes to a clip and audio. The video clip was converted using QTpro. It plays fine through the preview button in DVDSP. After I burn it to disc it does not work on the G4 or on any set top box. 5 coasters and I have still not figured out what is wrong. What could it be? Video data rate? A setting in DVDSP? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Johnny

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: DVD Not working
by on Nov 11, 2002 at 11:59:16 pm

make sure the main disc property has a startup action set.

Noah

Return to posts index

JohnnyROundGuyRe: DVD Not working
by on Nov 12, 2002 at 12:17:33 am

I checked that after my first coaster. I do have it going to the menu. Any other thoughts?

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: DVD Not working
by on Nov 12, 2002 at 4:11:52 am

make sure your data rate is below 8.1 mbps video and 192Kbps ac-3 audio. Be sure to use decent media- Apple, TDK, Verbatim, etc.

Noah

Return to posts index

by on Nov 12, 2002 at 7:42:33 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. The video is compressed using QTPro @ 7mbps. I am burning on Pioneer media. I have tried using the .psd menu from the tutorial and the .m2v's from the tutorial and nothing is working. The DVDSP tutorial that I did first worked fine. I am going to go back and recreate the tutorial from square 1 and see what I am missing. Any other ideas?

Thanks Johnny

Return to posts index

Mike NelsonRe: DVD Not working
by on Nov 13, 2002 at 6:14:19 am

Instead of wasting discs, build the DVD to a hard drive and play with Apple DVD Player (use Open Video TS command) until you get it figured out. Good luck!

Mike

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2002 at 1:07:46 pm

I have figured it out. It was one of those "i feel really dumb" answers. When burning in toast make sure you burn the Video_TS folder and not just the contents of the folder.

Thanks for you help.

Johnny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]