Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

DVD burning with new Sony DRU500a

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
DLammeyDVD burning with new Sony DRU500a
by on Nov 1, 2002 at 4:18:55 am

I'm new to DVD burning and authoring, just bought the Sony DRU-500A burner. I bought it mainly so I could burn my wedding video demos to DVD to give out to prospective customers.

The Sony comes with MyDVD authoring software. As a test, I burned an .avi file to a DVD+RW disc using MyDVD, and the results were not impressive -- colors were washed out, and movement was jittery. Worse than VHS.

So I figured I needed to encode it to MPEG format first. I have Canopus DV Storm with Premiere 6.0, and exported the timeline using the SoftMPEG encoder to create an MPEG-2 file, following the instructions provided on Canopus' website. But now I get an error message when I try to burn this MPEG file using MyDVD, error in file 63982 or something like that. I then tried burning with DVDit!LE (which came with the Storm) but I get a message saying "could not find a suitable decoder."

What am I doing wrong? Do I need a "decoder"?

Can I create a decent-looking DVD using the tools I mentioned above? Or will I need to buy a more expensive encoder like Procoder?

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: DVD burning with new Sony DRU500a
by on Nov 1, 2002 at 9:54:48 am

How are you exporting from premiere- your source clips should be DV Codec or better at 720X480 29.97 with 16 bit 48Khz audio. And you should try using a higher bitrate with your encoder. Better encoding costs more- TMPG and Procoder are both quite good. TMPG is much cheaper but Procoder much faster.

Noah

Return to posts index

Will BordenRe: DVD burning with new Sony DRU500a
by on Nov 1, 2002 at 12:23:29 pm

Try opening the video in windows media player, pause and then import to DVDit ( another DVDit bug)

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: DVD burning with new Sony DRU500a
by on Nov 1, 2002 at 2:26:22 pm

The decoder message is a generic/ambiguous message. I get it if I have both monitors enabled using a G450 card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]