Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
DVD AUTHORING:Forum- TutorialsEncore DVD Forum- TutorialsDVD Workshop, UleadDVDit, SonicApple DVD Forum- Tutorials

Scenarist: Title button still problem

COW Forums : DVD Authoring

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
HazeScenarist: Title button still problem
by on Oct 17, 2002 at 1:15:34 pm

Thank you Ralph for answering this question before but it seems that I still got some trouble activating the Title button on the remote while watching a video clip.

I have tried to make the changes at the Menu ID. Tile Menu, Title Entry etc. But I cant make these changes. I get the message Cannot set... I can make a some changes in the dummies I created for jumping between the VTS but I guess that's not what I want to do. Do I need some more dummies to make this work? Hope you can help me.

My project looks something like this:

VideoMangager -> Language -> still menu with buttons and 3 dummies

VTS 1 -> PGC -> video clip
VTS 2 -> PGC -> video clip
VTS 3 -> PGC -> video clip

Regards
Hans

Return to posts index

Ralph LaBargeRe: Scenarist: Title button still problem
by on Oct 17, 2002 at 4:10:56 pm

Hans

I went back and re-read the various posts you have made on this subject. I think what you are trying to do is very simple, and Scenarist can certainly handle it. The structure you have is fine, although I dont think you need the dummy PGCs at all. Assuming you have one main menu, with three buttons, and each button is intended to start playback of a video clip in a unique VTS, then this is how I would program it.

VideoMangager -> Language -> still menu with 3 buttons

Program button 1 with JumpTT VTS1
Program button 2 with JumpTT VTS2
Program button 3 with JumpTT VTS3

VTS 1 -> PGC -> video clip 1

Add Post Command with Jump PGC in System Space - Title Menu

VTS 2 -> PGC -> video clip 2

VTS 3 -> PGC -> video clip 3

If you want to get a little fancier you can set up the main menu so that the default button highlight in nonexistant and then add Set Button Highlight commands in the post command area to higlight the correct button on the main menu.

With this structure when the user presses the TITLE button they will jump directly to the main menu.

Ralph LaBarge
Author, "DVD Authoring & Production"

Return to posts index

HazeRe: Scenarist: Title button still problem
by on Oct 18, 2002 at 11:27:41 am

Thanks a lot Ralph

Unfortunately I found out a quite embarrassing thing. I just checked the remote control and the button I'm referring to is the "Menu" button. The button that usually takes you back to the last used menu if you interrupt a video clip. Its not the "Title" button that I have been speaking about. Sorry so much for this.

But I guess its a minor problem. Maybe I should just change to the following.

VTS 2 -> PGC -> video clip 2
Add Post Command with Jump PGC in System Space - PGC in Video Manager

What do you think? I will burn a disc and try it this evening but it would be nice to get your comment.

Regards
Hans

Return to posts index

Ralph LaBargeRe: Scenarist: Title button still problem
by on Oct 18, 2002 at 6:32:26 pm

No problem. If you want the MENU button to also take you back to the main menu then you need to add dummy PGCs in each of your Video Title Set Manager domains. You will need to create a language in each VTS, and in that language add a dummy PGC. It will default to be the "Root Menu" which is what you want. Create a black still menu (with no buttons) and drop it into the dummy PGCs you make. Then add a precommand in each dummy PGC that performs a Jump PGC in System Space - Title Menu.

Now whenever someone presses either the TITLE or MENU buttons on the remote, the player will jump to your main menu.

Ralph LaBarge
Author, "DVD Authoring & Production"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]