Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Video Camera french flag

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
JR AllenVideo Camera french flag
by on Mar 18, 2002 at 3:35:47 pm

About 8 or 9 years ago I bought a camera flag from ARRI that I hate. I suppose because it was made to fit their film cameras is is almost totally useless for my video camera. It has a nice plastic covered adjustable arm (much like the flexible microphone arms but with a protective layer of black flexible plastic over it) and a plastic 8" x 14" flag on the end. I have two problems with it...
1) The flag is mounted so that it is perpendicular to the arm. No matter how I adjust the arm it never works where I need it to.
2) The little clamp on the other end is useless.

Do you have a camera flag that you really like and where can I get one.

Return to posts index

Wayne OrrRe: Video Camera french flag
by on Mar 18, 2002 at 4:18:06 pm

I have been touting the Flarebuster with my PD150 at http://www.flarebuster.com
Here is a short review I wrote earlier:

Subject: Help with wide angle lens flares

I found a great gadget to help eliminate those pesky lens flares when I use my wide angle adapter on the PD150. It is called "FlareBuster" and is available at flarebuster.com for $20 to $30 depending on the package. What it is, is a flexible 15" rod that mounts on the camera shoe (or the tripod connection) and attaches to a clip which will hold a small french flag (included), or gobo, or filter. Simply twist the arm into position until the offending flare is eliminated. (Actually, the included flag is a bit small and I made a larger one by cutting a piece of black art card)

But I also got to thinking of some other uses for the gizmo. I do a lot of interviews for clients where I ask interviewees a series of questions, which I sometimes forget. Now I write them on a 3X5 card, attach the card to the clip, and twist the arm so the card is above the LCD screen. Also, a similar scenario for an on camera talent: they could write bullet points on a card and position it above the lens for a little prompting.

At any rate, its a great little gadget that will work on any camera and I recommend it highly. Value for dollar.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]