Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

arri fresnel

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Paul Pitzelarri fresnel
by on Sep 22, 2003 at 2:17:51 am

I remember renting a package with 2 arri 1k's and 2 650w. I am pretty sure the fixtures were exactly the same. I used 4 lights.

Now a few mounths later. I am pricing out buying some new lights and I see over a 200 dollar difference between the 650w and 1k fresnel.

Are the Lamp Bulbs interchangable in the two different fixtures?

I was hoping some one here would know.

thanks as always in advance.

paul

Return to posts index

shooterRe: arri fresnel
by on Sep 22, 2003 at 10:42:40 am

With Mole, the heat build up would be excessive if you put a 1k in a 650 fixture. The 650 bulb is hot enough; they had to redesign the tweenie because of it. The Mole bulb sockets are quite different for the two bulbs. The 1k bulb is 3 times as tall as the 650 bulb. I would imagine the same is true for Arri.

Return to posts index

Mitch GrossRe: arri fresnel
by on Sep 22, 2003 at 3:49:29 pm

Even if you could squeeze the higher wattage bulb into the 650 fixture, the taller bulb would mean that the fillament would no longer be properly aligned with the center of the rear reflector or the fresnel lens, making for a much less efficient light. This should not be confused with the weaker bulb that is available to fit into the 1k housing. I believe it is a 750w bulb but it is the same size and shape as the 1k bulb so that it still aligns properly. Can't recall the three-letter name at the moment, but it should all be in the Arri or Mole catalogs.

Short answer, spend te money on the bigger units. It's always better to put a weaker bulb into a larger housing than the reverse.

Mitch

Return to posts index

Rick GerardRe: arri fresnel
by on Sep 22, 2003 at 6:46:33 pm

The Arri 650 has a 112 MM lens and uses a FRK 650 bulb.
The Arri 1K has a 130 MM lens and uses a FKJ 1000 bulb.

They use different barn doors, accessories and the bulbs don't have the same base. They are not interchangable.

Return to posts index

Paul PitzelRe: arri fresnel
by on Sep 23, 2003 at 12:05:11 am

thanks everyone that's why I asked...

I will get the right fixtures... to do the right job...

paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]