Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

Probelms burning DVD from Express 3.5

COW Forums : AVID Editing

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
jonathanProbelms burning DVD from Express 3.5
by on Sep 23, 2003 at 3:01:43 pm

Every time that I try to durn a DVD in Express 3.5 I get an error that says to look at the console. This is what appears on the console.

AECIFSManager - LoadLibrary failed on aecifs
AS_Init() returned -1.
Could not initialize Authorscript

Can anyone help me?

Return to posts index

Alexander VanceRe: Probelms burning DVD from Express 3.5
by on Sep 23, 2003 at 3:13:26 pm

Here's an excerpt from the DVD FAQ on DMN forums that will walk you through the fix:

A. This occurs when trying to export an MPEG or use the "Create DVD" function and can be caused by installing a DVD authoring program after installing Xpress DV. Either re-install Xpress DV or follow these steps;

1. Locate the following five DLL files inside the Avid Xpress DV folder:

AuthorScriptLibWin.dll ltkrn11n.dll
ltimg11n.dll
ltfil11n.dll
LTDIS11n.dll

2. Create a new folder anywhere on the system.

3. Move the five DLLs from the Xpress DV folder to the new folder. Make sure the files are no longer in the main Avid Xpress DV folder.

4. In the new folder, make copies of all the DLL files. To make the five copies all at once, you can shift-click the five DLL files so that they are all highlighted at the same time. Then go the Edit menu and choose Copy.

5. Now paste the copies into the Avid Xpress DV folder. Directly after choosing Edit, Copy in Step 4, go to the main part of the Avid Xpress DV folder. Choose Edit, Paste. This will paste the five copies into the Avid Xpress DV folder. Do not move the original files back into the Avid Xpress DV folder; it will not resolve the problem.

Return to posts index

jonathanRe: Probelms burning DVD from Express 3.5
by on Sep 23, 2003 at 3:52:48 pm

Thanks! You are a lifesaver. I haven't got it working yet but at least I know what I am looking for.

Return to posts index

jonathanRe: Probelms burning DVD from Express 3.5- NEW ERROR
by on Sep 23, 2003 at 4:01:12 pm

Any Ideas?

AS_RecordDVDDisc() returned -224.
Error trying to burn DVD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy