Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AVID:Avid Editing ForumAvid Editing TutorialsAvid Editing Basics ForumAvid Liquid ForumAvid Liquid TutorialsAvid VideoRAID ForumAvid

anybody using avid xpress dv on a pc!!!! look here now!!

COW Forums : AVID Editing

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
graemeanybody using avid xpress dv on a pc!!!! look here now!!
by on Jul 17, 2003 at 4:42:29 pm

what is the cheapest way to run 2 moniters, and get video out to a moniter that works with avid, and even better a card that has a dv port and composite video in. what are you guys using. one agp card that does it all, dual moniter card agp and then a pci card for the video output. There must be a solution for under 200 pounds

the card that avids website says - ati radeon ve / 9000. it seems to me that most cards just have these chipsets on, but are cards that are badged up by other manufactures than ati, some with vivo and some with dual monitors.

I have just bought an ati radeon 9200 128 mb ram vivo, dual monitor. badged up by gigabyte for 70 pounds, the video in is poor cant get it to caputure full size pal very well (obivously not in avid) and the video out is not really video out it is just a display of the desktop.

you can see why i bought this card- as a have a lots of footage from analogure sources that i want to capture in to premiere or simular, but also want to run dual monitors for avid and get video out from avid.

any ideas on a card or ways to cheaply get round this issuse

cheers graeme

Return to posts index

Ozzie AlfonsoRe: anybody using avid xpress dv on a pc!!!! look here now!!
by on Jul 21, 2003 at 4:36:05 am

Have you checked out the Parhelia video card? It can run two computer monitors AND a broadcast monitor via either an S or RCA connector. The image is in sync with the Avid playback (i.e. no delay as with the 1394 output).

Ozzie Alfonso
Terra Associates
NYC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]