Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions

COW Forums : N.A.B. Expo

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Mr. E. TranePremiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Apr 21, 2004 at 6:16:56 pm

Hey there folks,

I was just wondering if someone still at NAB could find out for me if the AAF export in Premiere Pro 1.5 will work with Pro Tools, or if it is still resigned to only work with Xpress Pro.

Also, has anyone heard any news about the upgrade path for Digisuite LE users to the Matrox HD boards?

Thanks for any info you can provide. I greatly appreciate it!

-trane

Return to posts index

Tony ManolikakisRe: Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Apr 27, 2004 at 6:04:04 pm

[Mr. E. Trane] "Also, has anyone heard any news about the upgrade path for Digisuite LE users to the Matrox HD boards? "

Thanks for your question regarding the Matrox HD. We will be providing an attractive upgrade to current DigiSuite customers (all versions), we will make all details available at the official launch of the product, which will be later this year. Also note that the new product will support DigiSuite LE M-JPEG files so the transition should be as smooth as possible.

Tony Manolikakis
Matrox Product Manager

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Apr 27, 2004 at 6:23:21 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for popping into the Cow and answering this question. We appreciate your interest and feedback.

I was very impressed by your upcoming HD system and we know it will be a real winner. It was nice to see that you've built a system that handles a full 1080i and in 10-bits -- that is going to make alot of users happy and secure, especially knowing that it comes married to Matrox's customary support of your unexcelled level of realtime features in Premiere Pro.

We look forward to working with you guys to build a strong Matrox HD community as the Cow's speciality is and has been for quite some time, found in 10-bit, 16-bit, uncompressed and HD. It will be great to see what you bring to Premiere Pro users.

All the best to you all,

Ron Lindeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenRe: Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Apr 29, 2004 at 2:42:21 am

Tony,
I would be very interested to see what we could do with our DTV cards regarding a trade in towards Matrox HD.

Matrox had a great showing at NAB this year, in my humble opinion. I didn't have a chance to stay and see the responsiveness if the Premiere HD system that was being shown at your booth, but I heard very good reports from others at the show. 1080i at 30 fps multi-stream with primary and secondary color correction, speed changes in real time etc. sounds very nice!

It looks like we are needing a mid range HD NLE very soon.

The data sheet that I got for Matrox HD at NAB was impressive, but there seem to be so many new choices out there this year, it's tough to tell what's "real" from what's "proposed". Could you let us know the ship date for Matrox HD? Do you have a published suggested retail price for the board?

Thanks,
Timothy Allen
NASA Johnson Space Center

Return to posts index

Mr. E. TraneRe: Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Apr 30, 2004 at 7:29:49 pm

Tony,

Thank you for your response to my inquiry, I greatly appreciate it.

While I’m sure you can’t disclose any details on how “attractive” the upgrade path will be at this time, would it be possible for you to give an estimated time for when we can expect the official launch of the product to happen?

Also, do you know or can you say if the HD cards will have SD SDI input/output in addition to their HD capabilities?

See, here is my dilemma: I purchased the Digisuite LE boards a couple of years ago and now I have been forced into a limbo state by your company’s refusal to release new drivers for the LE boards that would allow them to be used with Premiere Pro. The upgrade to Premiere Pro is something I desperately need as it has new features that I require. The official reason given on the Matrox forum for this lack of continued support was that the resources were being used to develop the next generation Digisuite product line. As I understand it this will be the new Matrox HD.

I will be making decisions in the coming months that will determine whether or not I will be selling my current system, or upgrading to the HD boards. Barring a definitive promise from Matrox to provide up-to-date drivers for the current line of Digisuite products which will allow the same support of Premiere Pro that other users of lower-end (RT.X100) Matrox products already benefit from; these decisions will be based on Matrox’s willingness to provide a timetable for release and whether or not the new boards will be able to capture SD SDI (thus replacing the current Digisuite line completely).

Any response that resolves these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Again I thank you for your response to my initial inquiry…

Kind Regards,

-trane

Return to posts index

by on Apr 30, 2004 at 7:47:27 pm

Also, for those who may also be interested in the AAF export from Premiere Pro 1.5 as it relates to interoperability with Pro Tools:

I have Adobe customer support checking to find out if 1.5 will export non-embedded AAF files (which seems to be causing the current limitation to the export) and also whether or not the AAF export has been tested and proven to work with Pro Tools. When I receive a response I will post their answer here.

Happy editing,

-trane

Return to posts index

Tony ManolikakisRe: Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Apr 30, 2004 at 7:50:50 pm

Tim

We will make full product details available later this year and ship soon after. We didn't want to come out with something that was not going to ship for several months. So we made NAB a Product Preview. "This is what we are doing, what do you think and what do you need". I know the market place is confusing right now, but we are going to try to distinguish ourselves for realtime capabilities and work flow. The realtime we showed at NAB included multiple layers of uncompressed HD 1080i 29.97 fps, color correction (primary and secondary) on each clip, speed change on each , DVE with soft colored borders and shadows as well as graphic overlay. There will be even more soon. It's really a pretty complete set of realtime effects, and we will try to work on other features to improve the workflow and help users deal with the difficult period where they have to work in SD and HD. This is much more than a basic I/O card. Hope you can be patient.

Tony Manolikakis
Matrox Product Manager

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2004 at 10:14:44 am

Tony: “This is what we are doing, what do you think and what do you need”.

If it is user feedback you are looking for, I am more than happy to provide you with some:

Given the circumstances, I need the new cards to do everything my current cards do on top of whatever HD capabilities they have. I need SD SDI in/out, plus all the standard ins/outs that accompany my current board set. These include component, composite, AES EBU, balanced XLR, and standard RCA’s. They must perform all the real-time functions to SD material that my current boards support and must either work with the MAX option, or have a MAX option of their own provided with a trade in of that option (additional credit towards the new boards for a trade in of the option would also suffice). On top of this, the cards must have HD SDI in/out as well as a fire-wire port and perform whatever real-time tasks to HD material the final boards are capable of. The new boards must work in 64 bit 133Mhz PCI slots and support dual processor machines with hyper-threading. The new boards MUST support Premiere Pro.

All of this needs to be provided to me at a price of no more than $2,500 with a trade in of my current boards for me to consider the upgrade to be “attractive”.

I hope this information helps Matrox to understand the commitment to its customers its user base expects, and as such, helps the company to develop a truly attractive upgrade path to the replacement boards.

-trane

Return to posts index

Anthony MilesRe: Premiere Pro 1.5 and Matrox HD questions
by on Jun 10, 2004 at 4:26:00 am

Tony,
I also use a DSLE card and need upgrade information. I would like to know ASAP what the upgrade offer will be as I have been seriously considering getting rid of my DSLE card to get something that will suite my needs better. I would like the trade up info and a rough price on the new Matrox Cards so I don't take a huge loss on selling my DSLE card if it will have value on a competitivly priced HD/SD uncompressed realtime card from Matrox with SDI and component I/O in both SD/HD. I currently use Speed Razor 5.5 but would like to use PPro as well. As the audio support and PSD support would outway the other benefits from Razor for most of my work. Not to mention the color correction and title tools, as well as the Adobe integration with other tools in their line of products.

Please try and give us some info, at least an idea of when you will be announcing the info & upgrade pricing on the new products, otherwise it's of to the Mac and Final cut with a Decklink card, sooner than later.

Thank you for any timne and information. You can share.

Best regards,
Anthony Miles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]