Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

No usable vector paths in this file.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
JamesNo usable vector paths in this file.
by on Dec 9, 2004 at 12:33:32 am

I create outlines in AI 11, save file and then try to open in AE and it gives me the following msg: No usable vector paths in this file.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. I create text, create outlines. I can see that conversion as the type gets the dots all the way around it. Then I save file as AI file. But when I try to open in AE it never does. Please help! Thanks!

James Elam

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: No usable vector paths in this file.
by on Dec 9, 2004 at 2:13:56 am

Hi James.

I just tested text-converted-to-outlines with Illustrator CS files and Invigorator version 4.0.4 Pro. It worked just fine.

Could you email me your file?

Also, could you tell me which version of Invig you are using?

Thanks a lot.

m

Return to posts index

Matt RhodesRe: No usable vector paths in this file.
by on Dec 9, 2004 at 2:15:23 am

Hi James.

I just tested text-converted-to-outlines with Illustrator CS files and Invigorator version 4.0.4 Pro. It worked just fine.

Could you email me your file?

Also, could you tell me which version of Invig you are using?

Thanks a lot.

m

Return to posts index

SergeRe: No usable vector paths in this file.
by on Dec 9, 2004 at 3:29:17 am

Hi,

Check if you have a fill applied to your text.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

lcplgansRe: No usable vector paths in this file.
by on Dec 10, 2004 at 3:41:17 pm

try saving it has a Illustrator 8 file. I have illustrator 10 and I got the same message. I am not fimiliar with AI CS, but in AI 10, when you save, it gives you a window that you can pull down and select what version of illustrator you want to save as.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

Amish EdRe: No usable vector paths in this file.
by on Dec 10, 2004 at 4:44:07 pm

I fought the same problem yesterday and I wish I could answer your question. I tried 'save as' in various versions and file types. All ended w/the same "No usable vector paths". Then all of a sudden it work on the original AI file I started with. Not sure what the heck happened, the file was only one set of paths, no fills, nothing. Seeing your post James at least makes me feel a little more sane, thanks.

Ed

AE 6.5, AI 10; using a Dual 2Ghz G5 w/4gigs of ram.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2004 at 4:44:44 pm

I fought the same problem yesterday and I wish I could answer your question. I tried 'save as' in various versions and file types. All ended w/the same "No usable vector paths". Then all of a sudden it work on the original AI file I started with. Not sure what the heck happened, the file was only one set of paths, no fills, nothing. Seeing your post James at least makes me feel a little more sane, thanks.

Amish Ed
Creator of some great digital mediocrity.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2004 at 4:49:23 pm

Amish Ed
Creator of some great digital mediocrity.

Dual 2Ghz G5, 4GB, running 10.3.6 w/QT 6.5.2, AE Pro 6.5 w/BCC and Invig. 3D, PS CS, AI 10, FCP HD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]