Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

Decal Maps - I don't know how to use an RGB+alpha file as an image map

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Russell MarelliDecal Maps - I don't know how to use an RGB+alpha file as an image map
by on Apr 18, 2003 at 8:24:49 pm

If I double click the gray box under the material bin it only offers me TGA for file selection. As far as I can tell, neither Corel Photopaint nor Adobe Photoshop will save files as 32bit TGA's. I saw a post that mentioned using TIF files, but I wasn't sure if this was as a layer map or if it was imported to the box under the material bin.

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: Decal Maps - I don't know how to use an RGB+alpha file as an image map
by on Apr 21, 2003 at 6:34:25 pm

Hi Russell,

Photoshop will save 32-bit Targa or .tga files with their alpha transparency in tact. In version 7, just do a save as, and choose .tga. The software will say something about needing to save the file as a copy and put up little warnings by the alpha channel and layers, if you have more than one. Click okay.

A second diologue box will appear. To keep the alpha, click the 32 bits/pixel box, but do not click the "compress (rle)" box. Invig doesn't like the compression.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Russell MarelliRe: Decal Maps - I don't know how to use an RGB+alpha file as an image map
by on Apr 24, 2003 at 1:51:23 pm

You are right! I now see the 32 bit checkbox in Photoshop.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]