Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ZAXWERKS:Zaxwerks ForumZaxwerks TutorialsZaxwerks

uploaded movie

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
kurt murphyuploaded movie
by on Sep 13, 2002 at 6:58:29 pm

I've uploaded a project that I finished a while ago. It's an open for a union builders association which used Invig for the models, but AE's camera and lights. It consists of 3 separate Invig layers - one for each scaffold. The reason that I had to use 3 layer is that I had 11 animated sets (the 2 moving video layers, the word 'our' and the letters of 'building'...and invig allows 8. This also allowed me to use a gaussian blur instead of using a depth of field to ease my render times. And speaking of easing render times... the final :25 animation took 39 hours(!) to render on a dual 1 gig with 750 megs allotted to it. And it was a BEAR to work on near the end; I had to wait 2-3 minutes every time I moved or selected something. That being said... it's still the greatest plug-in EVER. It's a 7 meg file - The link is at: http://www.pawsforeffect.com/zax_scaffold.mov

Return to posts index

Jon OkerstromRe: uploaded movie
by on Sep 14, 2002 at 1:49:20 am

Hi Kurt,

Very nice work... love the depth of field effect/blur as we fly through each layer of scaffolding. Despite the size of the movie, the download was speedy on my cable modem. You must have a pretty fast host server.

Jon

Return to posts index

StuartRe: uploaded movie
by on Sep 15, 2002 at 3:05:24 pm

Very nice work. I really like the light and camera moves. I have a few questions...
What other plug-ins did you use?
How long did it take you to complete the entire project (without rendering time)?
If you don't mind to tell us...how much did you charge for it? do you think the compensation you got was the real value of time, creation, and work involved on it?

Thanks,

Stuart

P.S. I ask those questions because they are issues I encounter on every project, and I'd like to know if other creators go through the same. Your answers could help us a lot to understand and have a better approach to future clients and projects.
If you wish you colud send me a message at the address above. Good Work!!!

Return to posts index

kurt murphyRe: uploaded movie
by on Sep 15, 2002 at 6:01:34 pm

Stuart,

<>

Just Invig... well, actually Boris Gaussian blur (because it's faster than AE's).

<>

It took a lot longer to render... about 5-7 hours (one 45 minute meeting a few nights after work), along with a super and a credit background.

<>

I charged $1500 for everything. It was for a cable show which runs once a month.

<>

For Buffalo, yes. I usually charge by project instead of by the hour (there's NO way I could get $200 an hour). I work pretty fast.. and oh, I don't consider this "work," It's too much fun.

kurt

Return to posts index

StuartRe: uploaded movie (thanks for the info)
by on Sep 16, 2002 at 4:29:22 am

Thanks for the information,
Good work, sometimes I have projects to do using after effects.
I'd like to keep in touch with you,
please send and e-mail address I could reach you in the future.

Stuart

stuart@timecodemedia.com

Return to posts index

SergeRe: uploaded movie
by on Sep 17, 2002 at 12:22:35 am

Hey Kurt,
Love it!
For me you are your money worth and more as we say.
Salut
Serge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]