Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

MEDIA100 HD 10.1 for next week

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
thomasMEDIA100 HD 10.1 for next week
by on Mar 4, 2005 at 12:57:08 pm

Just received a mail from my reseller. It's for next week

1. several bug fixes
2. Vout to use M100 hardware in QT, After effect… (very good news)
3. Availability of M100 HD and SD Codec software
4. New rendered media folder that creates a dedicated folder on your disk for all effetcs
5. Real time effect in HD draft (color correction, flip/flop…)
6. Pulldown menu in Master to tape that allows synchronisation of audio on one of the video outpout (SD1, SD2, Analog)
7. automatic Solo mode (pref menu) to force a video track being in solo mode during trim (I don'y inderstand that)
8. Support of media + alpha generated in M100i (P6000) in real time.

The update is free. Good news but we still miss HDV support that was announced (and a few others wishes)

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: MEDIA100 HD 10.1 for next week
by on Mar 4, 2005 at 3:49:49 pm

>>5. Real time effect in HD draft (color correction, flip/flop…

I thought that it already did real time color correction?

The flip flop would be a HUGE improvement for M100's software (which should have been able to get that in there long, long ago). I'd like to see an official list though. Will there be real-time re-sizing? Is it still going to be impossible to output a 4x3 letterbox version of a SD 16X9 program without rendering the entire timeline? etc...

Return to posts index

thomasRe: MEDIA100 HD 10.1 for next week
by on Mar 4, 2005 at 4:18:27 pm

Flip/Flop and RT color correction already exist in SD mod, not in HD. Now you get it for both standard

Return to posts index

Michael C.Re: MEDIA100 HD 10.1 for next week
by on Mar 4, 2005 at 6:50:15 pm

Hmm, I was told by a reseller that they (Media 100) understand that the lack of basic real-time effects like positioning and re-sizing is on the top of the list for "upcoming" updates.

I'm still waiting to purchase a M100HD system, and most likely will not until they can catch up with the type of things (like this) that Avid Xpress Pro can do in a $1,500 software only program.

I really would like to "upgrade" my M100i xr/sdi system, but I sure don't feel secure that Optibase is really going to continue to support M100HD AND actually make up all the lost ground in editing features since about the year 2000.

We do about 60% of our work on the M100 still, about 30% on a Avid Xpress Pro w/ Mojo and 10% on FCPHD (no aja yet). Next upgrades are a STABLE Avid Adrenaline HD on Mac (when avaliable), M100 HD (if they last), and some HD hardware for the FCP system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]