Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

wwug-RIP?

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Nate Embrywwug-RIP?
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 1:49:43 pm

I think this board has killed the wwug/m100 board. You'll notice that I'm NOT cryin'. I really like the format of this site. Hey, I just realized that i don't have to hit the "View posts" button when I click on the link. It comes straight to the postings(cool). I think this might just replace the wwug as my home page.

Good job Ron & Kathlyn-Keep it up(But you need to get Tim over here)

Nate

Return to posts index

AnonymousRe: wwug-RIP?
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 2:25:39 pm

its not dead yet...there are more posts there that have to do with media 100 then here in the last days.

but...this is new, we'll see.

i never had to hit the view posts over there...

Return to posts index

AnonymousRe: wwug-RIP?
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 3:48:51 pm

You sir, seem to have a counting disfunction. I count "three times" as many on topic posts here as at the wwug in the same period.

M. Selney

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: wwug-RIP?
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 4:04:42 pm

We may need to count discreet posters. 10 posts from 2 people doesn't necessarily mean a lot of traffic.

-Tim Kolb

Return to posts index

Patrick BrownWWUG irrelevent
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 4:48:36 pm

Who cares (within reason) about the clicks when you look at the 'content of characters'. The names associated with the Creative Cow community are the names of professionals who continue to offer solid, reliable information to fellow users.

Return to posts index

AnonymousRe: WWUG irrelevent
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 7:18:32 pm

i tell ya...i had the wwug media 100 forum as a 'favorites'...when i clicked on it, it would go right to the forum....no other clicking needed.

i'm no big wwug fan....here or there...i dont care....you may have more posting here...but its mostly congrats and back pats and posts about the wwug.

i dont know anything about why you all hate them over there...sounds like you signed some bad papers if they coulc can you that way. not that that makes it right they did it. but how about we move on....and get back the media 100 now?

Return to posts index

T.J.AllenRe: WWUG irrelevent
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 10:49:52 pm

I don't hate anyone.

But, if I really wanted to help another editor this is the forum that I would recommend.

More for the price of admission, so to speak.

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: WWUG irrelevent
by on Apr 16, 2001 at 5:51:32 pm

And not to keep piling on, but all you have to do to bookmark any sit withing Creative COW is the same as you did before - just bookmark it. I use a Mac, so for me, the keystroke equivalent is COW-mand D.

In fact it's easier here, because you can bookmark the actual page - at the WWUG you had to blow it out of the frame to bookmark the posts in order to skip the splash page, which often took a lifetime to load once DMN loaded it up with all those animated gifs and java scripts.

Return to posts index

Ron LIndeboomRe: wwug-RIP?
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 4:44:35 pm

Gee, sounds like a disgruntled DMNer may have logged in...

As to "i never had to hit the view posts over there..." Then I guess you have suffered selective amnesia. When you went there up until the day we opened this site, you had to click "View Posts" after the group loaded because the company policy was that every forum used splash pages to jack up the ad impressions. Every forum worked that way.

But when we opened this site, suddenly they saw we weren't using them and that we were getting high praise for NOT doing so and in 12 hours they had removed them...

Hmmm....

But we're glad you stopped by.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Ron LIndeboomRe: The Little Golden Book of 1, 2, 3
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 4:50:23 pm

I almost forgot to mention that as to counting, (for learning the process, I recommend the Little Golden Book of 1, 2, 3 as my granddaughter loves it) -- we opened on April 11th and on that day, the Media 100 WWUG forum got one post. Period. Yesterday, the 12th, I think I counted four posts and the loss of all the leaders and key members who'd been there for years, who all moved over here. For which we are truly grateful and could not have even expected such a thing. We thought we'd open and a few would show up and we'd build a new site over time. This has exceeded our wildest expectations.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: wwug-RIP?
by on Apr 13, 2001 at 6:55:33 pm

If you bookmarked the post page (OK, I admit I did it, but when you're a host and need to get in and out in short periods of time 2-3 times a day.....), you could bypass the splash.

I for one wish we wouldn't waste energy trying to keep tabs on and hope for the WWUG's demise. We all just need to focus on our efforts here. Thinking about going toe-to-toe with the WWUG when we don't even have the "Features" section online yet is folly.

There is only one car you can control when you're driving...yours.

Let's make sure we do the best job we can here. Everything else will happen as it happens.

-Tim Kolb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]