Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

Folding my tent

COW Forums : Media 100 | Media 100 HD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
bogiesanFolding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 3:37:04 pm

Seekers,

Media 100's ploy to make forum hosts obsolete has been realized with the successful launches of Version Eight and their 844x platform.

I cannot offer much around here except sarcasm (and I've got plenty of opportunity to exercise that muscle on my other forums). I am petitioning the Boomers to take down my Media 100 shingle.

It's been great fun and I've received a great education.

david bogie
boise, idaho

Return to posts index

Tony!Re: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 4:12:12 pm

You've been a great help to us all over the years as a Media 100 guru. We will miss you here, but I'm sure everyone will look forward to your excellent posts (as always) on the many other forums you continue to be active on.

Tony!

Return to posts index

Jim MartinRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 4:20:53 pm

David,
I've appreciated and benefited greatly from your M100 expertise over the years. I feel fortunate that your insights are available at other locations. Miss the Tarot.
All the best.

Jim
Banner Health
Phoenix

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 4:24:02 pm

A sad day...

Boy, this takes me back down Memory Lane back to the very beginnings of the old Media 100 Worldwide Users Group when you first began showing up, Bogie.

It was a heady time when Media 100 was the first truly broadcast-worthy system on the market, we were all blown away to even have something like this in our hands and the world was our oyster.

But days wore on, things changed -- many would argue that Media 100 didn't -- and a lot of Media 100's old guard have moved on to FCP and Canopus and others...

Kathlyn and I are glad to know that you are still hanging around the Cow and we'll probably continue to bother you until you let us put your face up on some other forums around here, Bogie. ;o)  But in the meantime, we will pull down your picture from this forum and thank you for many great memories over the years. You are one of "the old names" and it has always been great to have you involved in these forums.

The best always,

Ron & Kathlyn Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 4:31:20 pm

As a new (old) boy around here I will miss your wise words Bogie, I have your E mail address and I hope that you won't mind answering the odd question from time to time. I can't really understand what people are bitching about with Media 100 - it seems pretty damned good to me as an ex film editor. Surely the new versions (8 and 844) have enough bells and whistles for any clever dick. Anyhow thanks Bogie.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 5:03:29 pm

Your wit sarcasmand knowledge will be sadly missed , perhaps as Ron ( I encapsulate) said it's the end of an era. As I struggle to get all things working with V8 your tent folding may be a sign of things to come for the Malboro Money Munchers.

Hey drop by forums any time and muscle away !!!!!

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 5:13:07 pm

Bogie...
Your comments will be missed....if you're still on Boris come by and start up some good conversations over there.
Ron we should have some kind of commerative plaque for those who have contributed so much from the beginning...you can't just take the pic down... :-) maybe a cow hall of fame! :-)

Good luck on FCP Bogie.
regards
Mark Harvey

Return to posts index

Greg QuitiquitRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 7:51:17 pm

Ditto to all of the above. I still visit this forum almost every day. The fact that I no longer post almost every day is directly attributable to the fact that most of the questions that I have had about issues that I care about been answered by you (and others). But I have still enjoyed your perspective and commentary on the evolving and devolving of our Evil-Eyed world.

Greg Q.

Return to posts index

scoopRe: Folding my tent
by on Sep 18, 2002 at 10:19:14 pm

bogie

you've made a huge impact on the users of m100 me included,
you've added wise words, chirped in with techno pearls of wisdom, set phil h. straight a few times and on more than one occassion told everyone to get real and get a life.
if you were retiring from the military there would be a medal, if you were leaving public service, a gold watch and if you were vacating a famous sport club - a ticker tape parade with well wishers and agreat booze up afterwards..so it seems then you deserve a cow sainthood or an honorary position - ron?

scoop

Return to posts index

bogiesanRe:umm, thank you
by on Oct 1, 2002 at 5:24:21 pm

This was sweet, gang, thanks, and I assure you, the pleasure was all mine.

david

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]