Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Video "Glitchies"

COW Forums : Sony DV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Max KaiserVideo "Glitchies"
by on Oct 16, 2003 at 12:22:05 am

I've been shooting some stuff recently with a vx1000 that I've used for years. Recently, the video started "glitching" on playback. It's a pretty typical sort of glitch, just a stitch in the frame. What's bizarre is I can watch the tape back and it looks fine. I'll go back, and suddenly it will have glitches. I'll change cameras, say to another vx1000, and get the same glitches on playback. I think it must be the tape getting wound badly in the heads. The thing is, I need this footage on these tapes. Anyway to get the tape back to the way it was?

Thanks very much,

Max Kaiser

Return to posts index

Max VolkartRe: Video "Glitchies"
by on Oct 16, 2003 at 8:22:05 am

Max

take a new tape, have it blackend or pre-recorded (without sound and video) in one go, in your second, better? camera. Then try to copy the tape with gliches to the new tape. It might help

volki

Return to posts index

Michael MunkittrickRe: Video "Glitchies"
by on Oct 16, 2003 at 4:33:55 pm

What youre describing sounds like the symtoms of a dirty head. If the video plays back in one section correctly and upon one machine and then has hits on another, it's in the playback machine. If the hits fall within the same place, exactly on the cassette, it is likely to be a dirty head on the record device.

Michael

Return to posts index

Max KaiserRe: Video "Glitchies"
by on Oct 16, 2003 at 8:04:36 pm

Thanks very much, I'll try both. I'm watching some of it back now, and suddenly, there are fewer glitchies in different places, so I'm guessing it is the playback heads. I'll run my cleaner tape through it a couple of times. Also, is there a professional name for "glitchies".

Thanks,
Max

Return to posts index

blast1Re: Video "Glitchies"
by on Oct 16, 2003 at 11:43:17 pm

Careful when you run a cleaning tape, longer is not better, a couple of short 5sec passes with a wait between are better than a 10-15sec pass, a long pass can heat the heads up and glaze the debris on them.

A professional name for glitches is usually involves alot of symbol keys #@*&%#*^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]