Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Daft question on DSR-370/390

COW Forums : Sony DV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
John SteeleDaft question on DSR-370/390
by on Jun 12, 2003 at 9:24:08 am

OK this is a silly question but one I need answering before I make further progress on a purchase. I take it the DSR-370/390 has the normal VTR control found on normal Consumer/pro-sumer camera so that I can use the camera as an output deck to transfer footage to my computer?. On all the pictures I've seen of it(not had a chance to get a look at one in the flesh yet) I can't see any VTR controls. I don't have a fullsize DVCAM deck so if I can't use the camera to capture from then I'd be pretty stuffed.

Like I said it's probably a stupid question but this will be my first venture into a proper Pro camera so I don't want to assume they have everything that my VX2000 does.

Thanks for any info guys.

John.

Return to posts index

wayne OrrRe: Daft question on DSR-370/390
by on Jun 12, 2003 at 3:15:46 pm

Its not a silly question, John. I am not familiar with these particular models, but what I would like you to do, is go to http://www.sony.ca/dvcam/manuals.htm As indicated, you will find manuals here which will hopefully answer your question. In the meantime, we may get help from others.

If none of this provides a answer to your satisfaction, let me know, and I will investigate further.

HTH
Wayne

Return to posts index

John SteeleRe: Daft question on DSR-370/390
by on Jun 15, 2003 at 10:15:12 pm

Thanks for that link wayne, I've read through tha manual and it did answer my question. I do have one more for anyone who's familiar with this camera. Does the current crop of Firewire Cards control the DSR-370/390 OK, can you plug in and use your NLE to conrol the camera.

Thanks for any info, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on this one and just want to make sure I've covered all my bases.

John.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]