Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

How much can i expect to spend???

COW Forums : Sony DV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
tom@jtHow much can i expect to spend???
by on Mar 24, 2003 at 1:01:56 pm

i have a sony vx1000 and i think it needs some serious servicing. how much can i expend to spend for this. anyone ever have troubel with the camera recognizing tapes...many times when i put in a tape that has something recorded on it, the camera just makes a beeping noise, and has the little thing flashing in the view finder. just wondering.

Return to posts index

kkolboRe: How much can i expect to spend???
by on Mar 24, 2003 at 11:48:02 pm

Try cleaning the heads. That may solve it for you with very little cost. :)

K

Keith Kolbo
Digital Desktop Production

Return to posts index

Mike RehmusRe: How much can i expect to spend???
by on Mar 25, 2003 at 12:19:06 am

You probably don't want to try having a general overhaul on one of these. I just sent one in to Armatos only to get a quote for $1600. This included fixing excessive power consumption, an erratic zoom speed, and replacing the flex circuit to the viewfinder (although it works, these fail on older cameras and I thought I'd get it brought up to good working order).

For $600 more, one can get a brand new VX2000.

Sony no longer offers a flat-rate repair on these cameras.

Conclusion: Run it until it breaks and then think about a new camera unless you can get small things repaired at a low price.

Return to posts index

Michael MunkittrickRe: How much can i expect to spend???
by on Mar 25, 2003 at 2:37:25 am

Sony will do a "general cleaning and check-up" for roughly $150 bucks, or if you feel pretty same with "joe Repair guy", I've seen a basic cleaning and realignment go for as little as $75.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]