Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Low Light Quality of PD150

COW Forums : Sony DV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Kevin J RailsbackLow Light Quality of PD150
by on Jun 20, 2002 at 12:31:45 am

Does any one have any links with images taken with the PD 150 in low light situations? I'm interested in all kinds of low light situations including city skyline shots.

I'm getting down to about a week before ordering my new camcorder which looks like it's going to be a PD150. Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

Thanks,
--==Kevin==--
Kevin Railsback

Return to posts index

Kevin J RailsbackLongevity of DVCAM Format
by on Jun 20, 2002 at 2:37:38 am

Another quick question. How popular is the DVCAM format?
It looks like the consumer end is going towards MiniDV. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the longevity of DVCAM. I'd hate to have another BETA system on my hands. :-)

--==Kevin==--

Return to posts index

John SharafRe: Longevity of DVCAM Format
by on Jun 20, 2002 at 3:09:58 am

When you say Beta I know you're referring to the Betamax home version, but perhaps you don't realize that Betacam in it's oxide, metal, sx and digital versions are still (more than fifteen years later) the common and prefered formats in broadcasting and other high end video production.

Betacam and DVCAM will remain in favor until such time as HD becomes more accepted, cheaper and more popular in the broadcasting realm. I don't think you're taking much of a chance, especially considering the low price, in buying DVCAM equipment now!

Return to posts index

Kevin J RailsbackRe: Longevity of DVCAM Format
by on Jun 20, 2002 at 6:08:12 am

John,
I was indeed referring to Betamax I jumped on one of those early in the game. Still have it and it still runs...Tapes are a little hard to come by now! :-)
The wife has put her foot down and said the PD150 is it for a while. I just want to make sure I'm going to have something that will last .

--==Kevin==--

Return to posts index

rextilleonRe: Longevity of DVCAM Format
by on Jun 21, 2002 at 11:14:22 am

In it's class, the PD-150 is among the best in low light--dont have a site though just personal experience.

Return to posts index

Jim McNallyRe: Longevity of DVCAM Format
by on Jun 29, 2002 at 4:11:24 am

I'm thinking the DVCAM format will be around for a while. I heard it compared to MiniDV at a Sony sponsored seminar and although biased perhaps, the DVCAM format sure seemed superior. Larger recording surface on the tape makes for superior recordings. But like anything there will be another format along soon that will be better but not compatible with what we have already!

Return to posts index

EphraimRe: Low Light Quality of PD150
by on Jun 21, 2002 at 1:53:47 pm

Hey there,
No links but personal experience aplenty. PD 150 is
incredible in low light. I can't praise the camera
enough. Done an hour long doc for a client and
am just finishiong a year long doc (100 tapes shot)
all shot available light, incredible. You will
not believe how good this camera is in all situations
including low or almost no light at all. For best
results though, always white balance, stay away
from gain if you can and avoid the extremes of the
zoom lens. Good luck.
Eph.

Return to posts index

Kevin J RailsbackRe: Low Light Quality of PD150
by on Jun 21, 2002 at 2:24:58 pm

The more I hear about this camera the more I'm sure I'm making the right choice.
I'm hoping to have it before I head off to the West coast July 1st and do a check out there.
--==Kevin==--

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]