Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Is Commotion paint superior to AE5's

COW Forums : Commotion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Lee ChoIs Commotion paint superior to AE5's
by on Apr 19, 2001 at 5:59:50 am

I need to add a paint tool to my kit quickly and I know that AE5's paint doesn't come close to Commotion's but is it adequate for many rotoscoping tasks or does the extra money for Commotion make sense even with AE5 out now?

I can't afford every tool so I try to be careful about what I buy.

Thanks,

Lee Cho
Cho Studios

Return to posts index

Matt SilvermanRe: Is Commotion paint superior to AE5's
by on Apr 20, 2001 at 10:47:09 pm

AE5 Production Bundle has added an updated version of Cult Effects Paint. The biggest drawback is that it can not clone. Commotion's clone tools are fantastic. I personally rarely use a paintbrush for video work, with the exception of matte touch-up. More often, paint work requires cloning for RGB touch-up or rig removal, and for this AE5 will not cut it...

Return to posts index

Ron LIndeboomRe: Is Commotion paint superior to AE5's
by on Apr 20, 2001 at 11:13:41 pm

Matt is right on the money (as always! ;o) ) with his observation about the cloning tools in Commotion. The way I like to think about them, is that it's like having Photoshop's cloning tool, only with the ability to reach backward or forward across frames -- sorta like cutting and pasting areas from frame to frame without having to use cut and paste or the clipboard. Once you get the hang of it, it's extremely powerful and very fast.

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]