Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?

COW Forums : Commotion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
François RousselHo to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 6, 2003 at 10:05:31 am

I'm currently looking for a solution to animate individual points on a motion tracked rotospline.
Because the tracker has written for each points a keyframe per frame, it's impossible to have an interpolattion for exemple beetween frame 5 and frame 36.
After effects is better to do that kind of job, but I don't have it.
Any solutions?

Return to posts index

Matt SilvermanRe: Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 6, 2003 at 6:17:47 pm

After Effects isn;t better at this type of job, since the tracker can not be applied to a mask shape. What you could try is to delete the rotospline keyframes on frames 6 through 35, then tweak the shapes on these frames and it will interpolate.

Return to posts index

Scott SquiresRe: Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 6, 2003 at 6:37:14 pm

You can apply tracker data JUST to key frames if you wish or you can select the keyframes you want to interpolate between and delete them (expand roto palette timeline and select dot below each keyframe and hit delete) or depending on the shot you can apply the tracker to the layer (or stabilize) and roto as required.

Return to posts index

François RousselRe: Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 7, 2003 at 10:06:01 am

I thaught about that, but really, AfterEffects can do that really easily by parenting the rotosplines to a motion tracked layer.

Return to posts index

Matt SilvermanRe: Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 7, 2003 at 6:09:11 pm

I didn't think that you can do this. Please explain how you can parent a rotospline to another layer's tracked data... if they allowed you to assign expressions to masks this would work, or if you could copy poition data from the tracked layer onto the mask... both of these do not work. Or do you mean tracking the layer and using it as a track matte?

Return to posts index

François RousselRe: Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 7, 2003 at 6:53:06 pm

I'm not familiar at all with after effects. It's one of my co-workers who showed me how to do that, but I don't remember exactly how he did that.
I've just downloaded the AfterEffects trial version to explain you the rights steps.
1 - Track the background layer or a null layer (i'm not sure for this step, the motion tracker module is not provided in the AE trial)
2 - Add a solid layer, set it's parent by selecting the tracked layer.
3 - Rotoscope
4 - and after, I think that you should export your mask by hiding the background layer and rendering the alpha.

Return to posts index

Pierre JasminRe: Ho to animate points on a tracked rotospline?
by on Mar 12, 2003 at 10:07:34 am

That will just make the whole matte follow a point. You could never animate the 4 corner of a rectnagle to follow the window of a building for example using such approach. Only Commotion and Combustion allow you to place trackers on roto vertices.

Pierre
http://www.revisionfx.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]