Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Karaoke Lyrics Effect in Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Tim GreenKaraoke Lyrics Effect in Premiere?
by on Apr 28, 2002 at 9:49:58 pm

Is there a way to create the karaoke text effect(highlighting the lyrics as the song progresses) seen in karaoke music videos using the title editor or Titledeko Pro? Or is there a program that you can buy to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Steven GotzRe: Karaoke Lyrics Effect in Premiere?
by on Apr 29, 2002 at 12:50:56 am

I was all set to tell you how to do this by changing the color in multiple copies of the title, but that might be the hard way.

I just realized that it could be easier to have a title, copy it over to the track above, and change the color of all of the text in the lower track to the "highlighted" color. Then you could use a few track mattes to just allow the highlight color to show through wherever the matte is.

You could probably make do with just a few mattes, one that covered 1 letter, two letters, three letters, etc. Then use motion to place the matte over the word.

These are just 2 ways.

Steven

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: Karaoke Lyrics Effect in Premiere?
by on Apr 29, 2002 at 11:43:13 am

There are several applications designed for this purpose, including Karaoke Studio.

I might be tempted to use Premiere's rolling title to do the text in white and place a semi-transparent color matte over one line of the text to highlight the verse to sing. Timing would be the challenge, but the rate stretch tool, the razor and markers on the audio might make it work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]