Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Using Adobe Premiere Pro to Smooth Out Crackling Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
TimUsing Adobe Premiere Pro to Smooth Out Crackling Audio
by on Jun 13, 2004 at 6:08:16 pm

Greetings,
I have a segment of audio-dialogue that sort of crackles and pops because the person
speaking into the Mic was too close, or too loud. How do I use Adobe Premiere
Pro to smooth out the audio, so that you can barely hear the cracks/pops, yet at the
same time, keeping the gain to be the same? There are a myriad of Audio Features under
the "Audio Effects", and I'm afraid I'll probably need assistance from an Audio Expert
or someone versed with Premiere Pro. Thanks alot for all your time and effort!
Regards,
Tim

Return to posts index

TomRe: Using Adobe Premiere Pro to Smooth Out Crackling Audio
by on Jun 14, 2004 at 11:12:47 am

You might be asking a lot , first if it is a simple pop or crack, turn your time line to audio not video frames. this will get you to 1/90000 second increments. you can then razor and cut out the pop. If there is dialouge with it you might have a challenge. Adobe' Audition is more set for audio sweeting. It has a variety of adjustable settings.

We learn from our shoots, have a good microphone and monitor with good earphones. My old audio professor kept preaching, " your audio is only good as the chain's weakest link, garbage in = garbage out".

good luck
Tom

Return to posts index

J. D. MackRe: Using Adobe Premiere Pro to Smooth Out Crackling Audio
by on Jun 16, 2004 at 6:37:51 pm

Do you have any audio editing software, such as Sound Forge or Cool Edit Pro? If so, you can put the clip with the bad audio on the timeline, and then export the audio to a .wav file. Your audio software may have better tools for removing pops and crackles. Then you can import the .wav file into your project and use it rather than the video clips' sound.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]