Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Layer masks in Premiere??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
vashoLayer masks in Premiere??
by on Nov 10, 2003 at 9:10:22 am

Hi

This might be sort of a ridiculous question, but is there such a thing as masks for video clips in Premiere???? Like in photoshop, where you can apply masks to mask of certain areas on selected layers..

I gues what i am trying to say or accomplish is to have 2 different video tracks( on top of each other), and i want to mask of certain parts in one of the clips so that i can see stuff underneath from the second video clip.But only selected areas.

I hope you will understand what i mean, and i appreciate any help.

thanx
vasho

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: Layer masks in Premiere??
by on Nov 10, 2003 at 12:53:04 pm

Track mattes do this in Premiere. Create a black and white bmp 720 X 480 (NTSC). The black portion will create a transparent area in V2. Put this matte in V3. Apply a track matte transparency key to the clip in V2. The remaining steps differ between versions of Premiere

Return to posts index

Leonard KingRe: Layer masks in Premiere??
by on Nov 10, 2003 at 2:44:49 pm

With that in mind, check out http://www.surefiretutorials.com/infopage1.php?tutorialid=97 and http://www.surefiretutorials.com/basicpage1.php?tutorialid=100 for some help on basic keying and the transparency settings.

Return to posts index

Kevin SnyderRe: Layer masks in Premiere??
by on Nov 10, 2003 at 8:26:50 pm

Instead of mattes, you can also stack your clips in the timeline and use the crop filter on each clip. I like the crop filter because you can make adjustments in the program monitor. The crop filter acts a lot like a mask in AE. Anyways, just my two cents on another way to acomplish your goal.

Return to posts index

John RRe: Layer masks in Premiere??
by on Nov 10, 2003 at 8:40:29 pm

The crop filter, I had never used it before, the zoom feature is excellent, what a great time saver! Thank you Leonard

john r

Return to posts index

vashoRe: Layer masks in Premiere??
by on Nov 11, 2003 at 10:16:57 am

oo
thank you all for this wondefull help.
All the comments are super helpfull.

thanx for your time.
vasho

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook