Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

How to move multiple video clips around?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
TYEZHow to move multiple video clips around?
by on Sep 21, 2003 at 12:32:03 am

Hi
I want to move mulitple video clips on the timeline from area to another at the sametime. I know how to drag one over of course and thought all you had to do is hold down cntl button and select multiple clips.
Thanks in advance.
TYEZ

Return to posts index

Mr. BillRe: How to move multiple video clips around?
by on Sep 21, 2003 at 1:07:20 am

Try the shift key. You can also group clips with the clip - group menu slection.

Return to posts index

TYEZRe: How to move multiple video clips around?
by on Sep 21, 2003 at 1:46:30 am

Yes with the shift key I can select them too but still can not move all at once.

Return to posts index

cwrigRe: How to move multiple video clips around?
by on Sep 21, 2003 at 2:51:05 am

Select multiple clips by using the shift key (even discontinuous clips).

Then right click on the selected clips and choose "GROUP" from the pop up menu. Now that you have them grouped you can move them as one unit.

Curt

Return to posts index

by on Sep 21, 2003 at 3:26:18 am

Ok now I'm frustrated. I select all the clips and when I right click only the clip I happen to be on becomes selected. And I don't see group anywhere in the pop up menu. But I take it since they have become unselected group won't show up. What am I doing wrong?
TYEZ

Return to posts index

mike velteRe: How to move multiple video clips around?
by on Sep 21, 2003 at 11:07:30 am

You have got to hold your tongue just right and probably be using Pro. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+G. There is no shortcut for Ungroup.

http://www.video2stream.com

Return to posts index

by on Sep 22, 2003 at 2:43:00 am

Ok even that doesn't work. Does this work with 6.5 win 2000? I tried the cntl-G to group and then move but it just moves the one I start to drag. Any other suggestions?
Thanks again
TYEZ

Premiere 6.5 Win 2000

Return to posts index

by on Sep 22, 2003 at 11:21:00 am

The Group thingy is new for Pro. Moving multiple clips in 6.5 is limited to the single and multi-track select tools. Just be carefull you dont have any virtual clips down the road to the right.

Return to posts index

David JRe: How to move multiple video clips around?
by on Sep 22, 2003 at 3:18:37 pm

In 6.5 and back, use the BLOCK SELECT tool to draw a marquee around the section of timeline you wish to copy.

Then use the ALT modifier to copy the selected clip)s) to another part of the timeline.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 23, 2003 at 11:41:22 am

Unfortunatly the copy paste feature in 6.5 is naf...it wont copy the linked audio and pasting is spring loaded to the left. Pro is much more elegant in both copy/paste and dragging of multiple clips.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 23, 2003 at 4:56:47 pm

Mike, the block select way of copying and pasting results in both video and audio getting copied. It's the obvious way using plain copy and paste that doesn't copy both sections. See my post above.

I would, however, agree that PPro is much better and that the old way of block select grabbing timeline chunks rather than clips is not always what is wanted. But you can always delete any unwanted elements after copying a block to work around that limitation. So copying timeline clips using older versions of Premiere isn't that bad really.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 23, 2003 at 8:13:40 pm

Hi David,
While the block select tool does in fact copy/paste both audio and video, it creates a virtual clip that is a child of its parent and what happens to the parent happens to the child.
The range select tool will allow video and audio clips to be moved...but not copy/pasted.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 23, 2003 at 8:26:48 pm

Hi Mike,

If you apply the ALT modifier as per the QRC and my first post, you do not create a virtual clip but a copy of the original clips inside the block which are then independent of the source clips. Try it !

Return to posts index

by on Sep 24, 2003 at 12:44:08 am

The range select tool is great. Does exactly what I want.
Thanks.
TYEZ

Premiere 6.5 Win 2000

Return to posts index

by on Sep 24, 2003 at 10:38:54 am

David! Thanks to you I learned what is probably the last new thing I will learn about 6.5!
Always glad to see you post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]