Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

ReSize pictures in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Dennis StaigerReSize pictures in Premiere
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 12:52:45 am

I have done a project in Premiere with video and some pictures. The problem that I have is that the pictures are blown up to full screen size. This would not be a problem, except the pictures have a caption on them already, not done by me, that is hard to read because of overscan on some televisions. I would like to keep the pictures at 85-90% of the screen so the captions are more easily read. I have tried resizing the pictures, original size of 4X6 scanned in, to 3X5 but no help. I have also checked "Keep original aspect ratio", but still no help. I have divided the video from the picture format and tried changing the resolution on the picture portion but it just degraded the photos. I think, maybe, I should try and do in Adobe Photoshop and import into Premiere as an avi, if thats possible. I have had no problem with digital pictures that I shot with digital camera but I always add captions later and I thought that by using the scanned in pictures with the captions already I would be saving time.
Thanks for all the help, in advance.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Steven L. GotzRe: ReSize pictures in Premiere
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 2:35:02 am

Just paste the pictures into a canvas of 720X534 (NTSC) in Photoshop. Then you can import them and use "White Alpha Matte" transparency in Premiere to make everything but the picture transparent.

Steven
Adobe Premiere 6.5 / After Effects 5.5 / DVStorm / Hobbyist
http://www.stevengotz.com/premiere.htm

Return to posts index

Mike VelteRe: ReSize pictures in Premiere
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 11:51:45 am

Apply the Transform effect and change the Scale Height and Width values to what you need.

http://www.video2stream.com

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: ReSize pictures in Premiere
by on Apr 16, 2003 at 5:18:21 am

You can do all of that...but if you don't need to animate the re-sizing...in other words you just want the picture to stay static at its new size, the captions will be far more readable and the pictures will look much better if you let Photoshop scale the picture down, but keep it on a full frame canvas.

In other words, you may want to scale the picture down to 600x400, but it should exist in a document that is full size...whether that is 640x480 or 720x486 or 720x 480, etc.

Premiere will look at the document size and won't try to stretch your image back out to fill the screen.

TimK

Class On Demand Premiere Power Workshop

Return to posts index

Dennis StaigerRe: ReSize pictures in Premiere
by on Apr 17, 2003 at 3:08:48 pm

I used the transform transistion "zoom" and changed the picture to 90% with a black background. Worked great! Thanks for the replies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]