Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Stand Alone Capture Cards

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jeremy BalcazarStand Alone Capture Cards
by on Feb 28, 2002 at 5:05:41 pm

Hello, I live in the San Jose CA (Silicon Valley) and I am looking for a store that sells "Stand Alone Video Capture Cards" Fry's does not have. Any suggestions would help.

Thank You

Return to posts index

johnRe: Stand Alone Capture Cards
by on Feb 28, 2002 at 9:24:11 pm

i thought frys had everything...and what do you mean by standalone?
do you mean you dont want to open your puter for hardware and want like a usb cap card? if so ..they do have them at frys.

Return to posts index

Jeremy BalcazarRe: Stand Alone Capture Cards
by on Mar 1, 2002 at 6:59:39 pm

Well some capture cards are graffix and capture. I just want one that is built for the sole purpose of capturing video only. It could be USB or "firewire". Some of the products they have at fry's are pinnacle and dazzle...ewwww I have the dazzle and Adobe Premeir does not regognize this device as compatable. I just got the Sony Digital 8 camera and it has USB and firewire, but when I want to record the movie from PC to camcorder it does not work.

Return to posts index

johnRe: Stand Alone Capture Cards
by on Mar 1, 2002 at 9:45:27 pm

how about just installing a fire wire card?
they are under 20 bucks.

Return to posts index

LowriderRe: Stand Alone Capture Cards
by on Mar 2, 2002 at 2:57:36 pm

Yep, just get a cheap firewire card. Go to http://www.pricewatch.com and order one. Mine was $35 (Kouwell) and included a POS program, Ulead 5...makes a nice coaster.

Return to posts index

Valerie ShoapsDON'T buy a cheapo!
by on Mar 4, 2002 at 8:59:44 am

Hi,

I had to buy another card for my B system. I paid $55 for a Pyro on my A setup, and figured firewire is firewire. Nope. I bought one at my local computer geek shop for $20. Exchanged it for another, and then another. It was locking up my browser. I ended up getting another Pyro at Circuit City instead of driving and losing my parking space.

My $50 card now costs me $70 and about 5 or 6 hours of my time. Just wasn't worth it. If I didn't toss the cheapo out the window (literally), I'd mail it to you.

By the way, Pyro cards are very reputable and work with everything.

Valerie

Return to posts index

Jeremy BalcazarRe: DON'T buy a cheapo!
by on Mar 4, 2002 at 11:19:40 pm

Thank you all for the help. I bought a Sony firewire card 99$ and it works great. I have other problems that I will post so please look for me..

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]