Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Mark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Ron LIndeboomMark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11
by on Nov 15, 2001 at 5:50:03 pm

<News Anchor Droid's On-Switch="On">

Today, the leadership team at Creative Cow grew by one when noted Montreal-based all around arty guy, Mark Harvey, joined the Cow's Art & Craft of the Edit forum.

For the report direct from the installation ceremony, we'll go live to Grinner Hester the Cow's reporter on the scene: "Cool! Through the magic of 'ShekterVision' we're here at the installation of Mark Harvey and if we can just elbow our way through the crowd here -- maybe kick a few people outta the way! -- we'll see what Mark has to say about the whole ordeal, er, uh, I mean, honor. From here, I can see that Mark is wearing his groovy Creative Cow t-shirt but the purple spandex body suit has gotta go! The Elton John 70's classic line of Neon eyeglasses is really in good taste and shows his grand sense of style -- but under a Montreal Expos hat??? A fashion faux paus if ever I've seen one!"

"Mark what do you have to say about the honor???"

"Gee, Grinner, I didn't even know it was happening! I just got lost on the Net one day and stumbled into this Cow site thingie and the next thing I knew, here I am. I don't even do video or anything. I am a lawyer in Montreal. I don't know how all this happened but I am having my people investigate if any litigious acts have been committed as things have been slow in the office. That's why I've gone along with the gag and let people think I am an artist. Really, I come from such humble beginnings that my parents -- who were so poor that they could only afford one name -- named both my brother and I -- Mark. Mark's the artist. So don't get confused by all this -- just remember that I'm not the artist, Mark is..."

(Camera zooms to dumbfounded look on Grinner's face, who (like the broadcast animal that he is) rebounds quickly and reports):

"Far-out, Mark -- that's really quite a story! Reporting live for W-COW TV, this is Grinner Hester, The News with a Groove™."

Thanks for that live report, Grin. Don't drink too much there at the party. Remember what happened the last time you attended one of these Cow galas...

<News Anchor Droid's On-Switch="Off">

And that's just the way it happened. After all, you saw it on TV and we know that television never lies, right???

The Boomies

Return to posts index

Bobby Walker IIRe: Mark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11
by on Nov 15, 2001 at 7:17:52 pm

Apparently a massive caffeine strike as taken out our beloved leader Ron (Kathlyn--please let us know what home you are putting him in so that we can send him crayons). And Mark, welcome to the party.8>)

bobby walker ii

Return to posts index

Ron LIndeboomRe: Mark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11
by on Nov 15, 2001 at 11:58:49 pm

Kathlyn says that I don't deserve to be put into a home -- or was it she said that no home deserves me. I can't remember...

But anyway, we're coming to New York City in February, so I hope that some of the East Coast Cows here will pop on into Manhattan during February 10-14th for the New York City DV Conference and Expo at the New Yorker Hotel & the Manhattan Center.

I'm going to do my bovine stand-up routine while wearing my Chez Bovine headwear -- so you don't wanna miss it. Be there or be square (as they used to say on underground FM radio year's ago).

The best always,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Welcome Mark! (Ron, get some rest.)
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 7:30:55 pm

Mark-
If the greetings above haven't scared you off by now, welcome to the Editing herd.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Welcome Mark! (Ron, get some rest.)
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 7:38:24 pm

thanks...good to be here.

Mark

Return to posts index

grinnerditto
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 7:39:42 pm

welcome, man.
Should I be worried about not remembering that interview or is that the short term memory mom always warned me about?

grin

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: ditto
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 10:08:37 pm

Your mother warned you about Boomie's hallucinations??

Return to posts index

grinnerRe: ditto
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 11:48:08 pm

well, she did say dont talk to strangers.
She added to to never work for "the man", trust a dude in a tie, believe nothing I hear, half of what I read and, above all,
never... under any circumstances, hallucinate with anyone named Boomie.
This after naming one son Hotrod and the other Grinner.
I see now why my kids are named Star, Moon and Sun.

grin

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Yes, welcome Mark (wow, this place gets odder all the time....)
by on Nov 17, 2001 at 6:31:24 pm

It sounds as if you'll be a great addition to our little corner of cyberspace.

As the only sane one here, let me welcome you...

...and ask you to please make the little voices stop. They're everywhere....you hear them, don't you?

-Tim Kolb

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Mark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11
by on Nov 16, 2001 at 2:13:26 pm

Geez what to answer to a post like that, except to add that a movie accounting my life story will make it's way straight to video. It was shot with a throw away still camera using mdelling caly and spray paint...It should be quite good. There is also a scene with a hooker, a mule, a spanish guy named Pepé and a 3 legged stool, but at this time I cannot give more details. Alas, the evil twin named Mark has merit.....but there are actually 5 of us...and my dad, Mark...he is the brains behind the operation. Also at least 3 of us are schizonephrenic(I know mispelled), so we really give 5 as more of an estimate. Mark and I(At least 3 of us), are happy to be here. We will try to help and offer my...and his opinion, and hopefuly everything will work out. Watch for the release of my big budget (10.95$ cdn) movie entitled
"You have Marked me for life by telling me that the other kids in class are better than me and that I would never amount to anything and that living in a trailer park is wrong......part 3."

Regards
Mark and company

Return to posts index

Ron LIndeboomRe: Mark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11
by on Nov 17, 2001 at 5:44:20 am

My hat's off to you, Mark & Mark & Mark. Too, too hilarious!

Kathlyn and I have been moving across town for the last few days and this was so wonderfully twisted that I read it to Kathlyn out loud, laughing so hard that my eyes were watering -- which was a welcome break from the muscle aches and extreme fatigue of the last few days!

Kathlyn and I are eager to see the release of "YHMMFLBTMTTOKICABTMATIWNATAATLIATPIW - Part 3". It sounds like a veritable tour d' farce and we know that all of you will do well.

Remember the words of Mott the Hoople's Ian Hunter, who said: "You're never alone with a schizophrenic."

Thanks for getting the joke and playing along. It's been a burn out but we moved into a house three times bigger than what we had and I even have a 49,333k connect tonight instead of that pitiful 21,600 to 26,400 that I used to suffer through down by the ocean. Next up, we are going to get a wireless connection in December that will be 500k connect! Yowzah!

It's good to have you here, Mark.

Ron & Kathlyn

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Mark Harvey Gets Arty: Film at 11
by on Nov 19, 2001 at 12:15:55 pm

Ron, Glad you guys liked it.....I certainly understand the move thing....my family and I are in the process of moving also.....we are staying in Montréal, but have decided to move off the island of Montréal to a nice village 40 kms away....
Regards
Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]