Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

My Compositing Demo Reel

COW Forums : Art of the Edit

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Joe RaaschMy Compositing Demo Reel
by on Aug 26, 2002 at 10:25:05 pm

I was wondering if any editors could check out my compositing demo reel and offer some feedback. It's here:

http://www.frightenstein.com/joe/try300.wmv

Thanks,

Joe

Return to posts index

Charlie KingRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Aug 26, 2002 at 11:05:17 pm

Very nice job Joe. Everything was smooth and transparent. That's what it's all about.
Charlie

Return to posts index

Timothy  J. AllenRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Aug 27, 2002 at 10:07:31 pm

The stills look good, but the link to the quicktime movie didn't work for me. (FWIW, I'm using Internet Explorer on a Windows NT platform, but do have Quicktime 5 installed.)

Return to posts index

Joe RaaschRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Aug 27, 2002 at 10:24:43 pm

It's not a quicktime file, it's a Windows Media file. But thanks for checking it out.

Joe

Return to posts index

Curt MassofRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Aug 30, 2002 at 6:53:22 pm

The Reverend!
Nice choice of music. Nice reel, also.

Curt Massof

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Sep 2, 2002 at 8:24:28 am

hello...

this is really good stuff - i really enjoyed watching this, and there were some great effects in there...

pardon me for asking, but i assume that you don't have a ton of professional gigs to include in a reel? if not, then this is a _great_ example of a reel style for people trying to get into the biz...you don't need a bunch of schmancy logos to draw in a viewer. you demonstrate a solid ability to do the basics here, and that's a good thing to have...

but if you did it for fun and you are a pro, it's still a great reel... :-)

sitruc

Return to posts index

Joe RaaschRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Sep 2, 2002 at 4:06:03 pm

Well, thanks. I am a pro (but only reciently), but due to various reasons, I wasn't allowed to use a lot of the pro footage that I've worked on. The only pro shot stuff on that reel is the guy flying out of the airplane and the ending title design. The rest is stuff that I shot with my friends and worked on myself on my own time.

Everyone's responce has been fairly positive so far, but I'm wondering if anyone has any critical reactions to it. Anyone...

Thanks again for the feedback.

Joe

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: My Compositing Demo Reel
by on Sep 2, 2002 at 5:33:26 pm

hello...

well - i'm out today, but i will watch again with a critical eye soon and see what pops up...one thing that did hit me was that, even in demo reel format, you aren't technically allowed to use the music you did without express permssion from the creator...

(unless you did get it from the reverend? if so, then i'm jealous - i like his stuff... :-)

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]